Windows 10: Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...

Discus and support Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a H/P desktop PC, model# 510-a010 that came equipped with what I CD/DVD player/burner. I tried burning a DVD and the process runs its course... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tioal, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Tioal Win User

Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...

I have a H/P desktop PC, model# 510-a010 that came equipped with what I CD/DVD player/burner. I tried burning a DVD and the process runs its course until it reaches about 96 percent complete, and then it stops processing and the disc tray opens up and then it shows and error message in a small screen in the screen. Believing my factory Windows Media Player was not designed to burn CD or DVD's, I downloaded & installed Nero Platinum , 2019 which comes with comes with a CD & DVD burning program and I get the same results. The burner stops after reaching about 98 percent and opens the disc tray & shows some kind of error on my screen. Is my factory installed CD/DVD only a player and not a burner. The model # for the CD/DVD installed unit is hp-HLDS-DVDRW-GUD1N located in my E: drive. Does this mean I have to replace my current player and install one that is also a burner. My PC is only about two years old. Can anyone offer some advice on my model number PC.

:)

Tioal, Jun 11, 2019

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Cd/dvd burner

Hi James,

Yes, Windows 10 is still capable of burning files into a CD/DVD. To burn files into a CD-RW or DVD-RW, follow these steps below:

• Open File Explorer > Click This PC > Right-click the name of the disk drive and select
      Eject.
    • Insert a black disc into the drive and close the drive > Double-click the drive icon to open the
      Burn a Disc windows.
    • Type a title for your disc > Select between Like a USB flash drive or
      With a CD/DVD player.
    If you select, Like a USB flash drive:

• Click Next in the Burn a Disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • After copying, you can eject the disc.
    If you select, With a CD/DVD player:

• Click Next in the Burn a disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • Right-click on the empty area, the select Burn to Disc.
    • Type the disc title in the Prepare the disc window > Select the
      recording speed > Next.
    • You'll get a You have successfully burned your files to the disc message >
      Finish.
    Get back to us and let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Billc7 Win User

Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...

CD/DVD Burner /Player

Looking for recommendations for a CD/DVD Burner/Player compatible with Windows 10. Lost my CD/DVD app when upgraded to Windows 10.

Billc7, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about... - Similar Threads - Built DVD player

2. DVD/CD burner/player only works half the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD/CD burner/player only works half the time: I hate that computers no longer come with DVD/CD Players/burners. I bought an external DVD /CD reader/burner and it works on some and doesn't work on others. I downloaded the VLC for windows and it still doesn't work. It won't even play movies. And ripping and burning is...
  3. DVD/CD burner/player only works half the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD burner/player only works half the time: I hate that computers no longer come with DVD/CD Players/burners. I bought an external DVD /CD reader/burner and it works on some and doesn't work on others. I downloaded the VLC for windows and it still doesn't work. It won't even play movies. And ripping and burning is...
  4. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  5. media player cd burner

media player cd burner: After a power loss, my media player cd burner is no longer working. Initially, i got the message to connect a burner, Now it tells me that the disk is filled. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. CD/DVD Burner

CD/DVD Burner: I am trying to burn audio files to a CD and I get the following response - "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  7. External CD player/burner

External CD player/burner: I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn Connect a burner and restart the player. I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working....
  8. DVD BURNER -PLAYER

DVD BURNER -PLAYER: I REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 -NOW MYDVD BURNER-PLAYER DON'T WOTK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-burner-player/f6d6566c-52e8-4250-8631-381d382a11bf
  9. CD/DVD tray will not open

CD/DVD tray will not open: Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-tray-will-not-open/f66fca3f-9772-4984-ab8b-c5922012b944
  10. CD/DVD burner problems

CD/DVD burner problems: Since downloading Windows 10 the burner on my desktop will not burn MP 4 files from Windows Media Player (there could be others) I have read where files from Windows Media Player will only burn if they are, WMA; MP3; JPEG; & WMV. Why is this, I have not had this problem...