Windows 10: Built in Dictation function not starting

Discus and support Built in Dictation function not starting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there :) When I try to activate my dictation function on windows 10 I get an error "something went wrong" try again later.that is if i use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Benutzi-McNutzface, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Built in Dictation function not starting

Hi there Built in Dictation function not starting :)

When I try to activate my dictation function on windows 10 I get an error "something went wrong" try again later.that is if i use the win+H function, but if I use word's built in dictation function it works flawlessly. I am lost. can someone help?

submitted by /u/Benutzi-McNutzface
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Benutzi-McNutzface, Oct 5, 2020

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Built in Dictation function not starting

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Built in Dictation function not starting

1. Built in Dictation function not starting - Similar Threads - Built Dictation function

2. dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dictation: will not initialize, frozen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation/8963b8ca-28e2-4d28-8dde-1f549b239504
  3. Windows 10 dictation seems to randomly start overwriting previous dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 dictation seems to randomly start overwriting previous dictation: My company issued me a an HP Specter with an Intel Core i5-6300UCPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.50 GHZ, 8.00 GB installed RAM. 64-bit operating system, x-64 based processor. It runs Windows 10 Pro version 21H2. My company controls most of the settings. I love the WINDOWS Key + H dictation...
  4. Windows 10 dictation seems to randomly start overwriting previous dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 dictation seems to randomly start overwriting previous dictation: My company issued me a an HP Specter with an Intel Core i5-6300UCPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.50 GHZ, 8.00 GB installed RAM. 64-bit operating system, x-64 based processor. It runs Windows 10 Pro version 21H2. My company controls most of the settings. I love the WINDOWS Key + H dictation...
  5. Windows 10 dictation seems to randomly start overwriting previous dictation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Change input language of Dictation function Windows + H

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change input language of Dictation function Windows + H: Hello,I have two language packs installed on my computer: English and German. Sometimes I want to dictate in German and sometime in English. I have found out that you can change the language by moving the language to the topmost position in the Windows Settings. However it...
  7. Dictate function gives trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dictate function gives trouble: Dictate function in office home and student keeps inserting the word 'hey' or 'hey cortana' whenever i start a new sentence. The next issue is whenever i select a few words it gets auto deleted....
  8. Dictation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dictation: I accidently uninstalled the driver for dictation on my old HP Desktop. I have windows 10, but my computer is old and I can't find the driver on the HP website. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation/e541d2ee-6791-4d8e-82aa-9830855885e9
  9. Start voice dictation with boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start voice dictation with boot: Is it possible to have the voice dictation bar automatically launched with every boot? If so, how was this accomplished please?Pic submitted by /u/robdam1001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/em3rfd/start_voice_dictation_with_boot/
  10. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?: When My Passport Essential has been left idle for almost 20 minutes, the disk will stop rotating, and it will start rotating again when I read files on it. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10? 90657