Windows 10: Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.

Discus and support Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out what is going on with my ethernet ports. When there is nothing plugged in to my built in ethernet port, I get the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sgt_lovejoy, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my ethernet ports. When there is nothing plugged in to my built in ethernet port, I get the message "unidentified network, no internet". If I plug an ethernet cable in to this port, it tells me there is no cable there and wont connect. external USB ethernet ports work fine.

submitted by /u/Sgt_lovejoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sgt_lovejoy, Feb 24, 2021
  2. limons Win User

New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Feb 24, 2021
  3. ethernet ports

Hi,
    I just noticed that my mobo has 2 ethernet ports. Currently my download speed is around 15000kb/s on speedtest.net, I was just wondering if i plugged in another ethernet cable to the open ethernet port, will my download speeds double?

binsky3333, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Jakl Win User

Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

Thema:

Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.

1. Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do. - Similar Threads - Built ethernet does

2. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet Port is not Working?: I'm trying to use Ethernet with my PC it was working fine then suddenly stopped for no reason at all? it doesn't show up in the control panel but it shows up in device manager under hidden devices when i go to it's properties it says under device status: "Currently, this...
  3. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  4. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  5. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

6. USB hub with an ethernet port does not work on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hub with an ethernet port does not work on games: Hey, when i try to connect to the internet with an ethernet cable via using a usb hub with ethernet port cuz my laptop does not have a ethernet port any game i try is not loading at all. Is the usb hub making the problem or something else is there any way to solve this to...
  7. USB hub with an ethernet port does not work on games

USB hub with an ethernet port does not work on games: Hey, when i try to connect to the internet with an ethernet cable via using a usb hub with ethernet port cuz my laptop does not have a ethernet port any game i try is not loading at all. Is the usb hub making the problem or something else is there any way to solve this to...
  8. USB hub with an ethernet port does not work on games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. USB ethernet adapter does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  10. USB ethernet adapter does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...