Windows 10: Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

Discus and support Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been attempting to use applications like Teamspeak or Google Hangouts, but whenever I try to use the built-in microphone on my laptop, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bigyihsuan, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

I've been attempting to use applications like Teamspeak or Google Hangouts, but whenever I try to use the built-in microphone on my laptop, it doesn't work. It did work when I was using Windows 8.1. The "update driver" button only says that it's up to date.

EDIT: I have also found that the microphone appears to be turning on and off, stopping any audio when it's on.

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work [​IMG]

:)

bigyihsuan, Feb 10, 2015
  2. vileung3 Win User

My microphone doesn't work anymore

I have an Asus S400C and the microphone built in my laptop doesn't work anymore after i upgraded to windows 10. It's already set as my default microphone. It works when i plug in a headset microphone but my microphone in my laptop doesn't work anymore.
    What can i do about it? Thanks!

vileung3, Feb 10, 2015
  3. Microphone not working

The built-in microphone in my laptop no longer works (I've dropped my laptop a few times). However, when I plug in my headset, it doesn't recognize the new microphone, it still tries to record from the built-in mic. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm
    running Windows 10, if it makes a difference.

Chelsea-West, Feb 10, 2015
  4. LTfan021 Win User

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

I have this same exact issue! Apparently this has been an issue since January in Windows 10 Technical Preview, but was never fixed as far as I know. I have uninstalled and re-installed these drivers from the manufacturer and that does not help either.

LTfan021, Jul 29, 2015
  5. See my response here for full details. Try plugging headphone or mic into the either of the audio jacks. This will bring up the popup asking what type of device was plugged in. Choose one. For me I put in headset (because it was) and checked the "do not show box." My mic stopped working until I uninstalled/reinstalled driver and choose it to be "headphones."

dadragon2k3, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Nemix Win User
    Try these drivers for Windows 8.1 and install them in compatibility mode on Windows 10: High Definition Audio Codec Drivers Version 6.10.6499.0 (HP)

Download new driver (save to folder), uninstall the old driver via Control Panel (or Device Manager if Control Panel is not applicable), reboot, install downloaded new driver in compatibility mode, reboot again.

Good Luck!

Nemix, Jul 30, 2015
  7. fr0ggs Win User
    The thing is, I got sick of the little box always popping up so I clicked the headphone box and ticked remember my choice and don't ask again or something *Sad

fr0ggs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

1. Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work - Similar Threads - Built laptop microphone

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  4. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  5. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

6. Built-in microphone not working

Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  7. Microphone doesn't work on laptop

Microphone doesn't work on laptop: Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones don't get recognized as a playback device and also not as a recording device aux. I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.On OS build 18363.1316 and Motherboard:...
  8. microphone doesn't work on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone doesn't work on laptop: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones get recognized as a playback device but not a recording device (aux). I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.(On OS build 18363.1316) The bar doesn't...
  9. Built in microphone doesn't work

Built in microphone doesn't work: It used to work, but doesn't now since about a year. I have updated it to the latest driver today, and the trouble shooter app says that the driver is working fine. The built in one is from Realtech. External microphones work fine. My system is Inspiron 5370....
  10. Laptop's in-built microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop's in-built microphone not working: I had bought an Asus Vivobook 15 with pre-installed windows 10 on 2nd August 2020. I had video called through Google Duo on this laptop once or twice and it was working normally, but after about a week or so the in-built microphone of this laptop stopped working. There isn't...