Windows 10: Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360

Discus and support Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have noticed that my built in Mic on my XPS seems to have very poor quality to the point that others cannot understand me when I am on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jordan_506, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360

Hello,

I have noticed that my built in Mic on my XPS seems to have very poor quality to the point that others cannot understand me when I am on a video call. The sound quality is fine when I use a headset. I have tried reinstalling the built in mic, updating drivers and nothing seems to be helping.

Is this a software issue or more likely a hardware issue at this point?

Any advice you have is much appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Jordan_506, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Arjune5 Win User

Dell XPS 13 9360 - Audio Crackling When Plugging in Laptop

I have the exact same problem with my Dell XPS 13 9360.

I just returned the DELL Inspiron 7373 which had the exact same problem when disconnecting/connecting the charger. The distortion is for a second and quiet loud and the video also gets frozen.

In the Dell XPS the distortion is mild but still its annoying.

The issue is easily reproducible with multiple Inspiron 7373 models, tired out the other ones in the store and they all showed the same issue.

The store didnt have the new Dell XPS 8th gen model on display, so i tried it on the 7th gen and found no such issue.

But after i bought the 8th gen Dell XPS 9360, i could reproduce the issue and its still happening.

Such and expensive laptop and they couldn't test it before releasing it !!!!

Arjune5, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Dell XPS 13 9360 - Audio Crackling When Plugging in Laptop

I bought a Dell XPS 13 9360 just a few days ago and just noticed today that if any sort of audio is playing and I plug in the laptop to charge or unplug it, the sound distorts and makes a popping and crackling sound. It makes the same sound if I have earphones
    plugged in. Is this normal, is the charge disrupting the sound? Will this cause any long term problems?

I had a Dell Inspiron 13 a month ago and returned it for the exact same reason because it was doing the same thing.

Why is this occurring, am I just unlucky and I should try to exchange this Dell XPS 13? Because I have only had it for a few days.

nartdragon, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360

Dell XPS 13 windows 10 built-in microphone not working, please help!

My built in microphone, on my Dell XPS 13 windows laptop, keeps muting itself repeatedly. When I unmute the mic from the dell audio program, it immediately mutes itself again within a few seconds. Ive checked the drivers for the microphone and speakers;
    they are all up to date. Ive checked my computer for viruses and it checked out clean. Does anyone have any suggestions or a solution to this problem? Please Help me!!

DeonteRich, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360

1. Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360 - Similar Threads - Built Mic Dell

2. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  4. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360: HiI have had my laptop BSOD on me every 2-3 days recently, usually when trying to wake it from sleep by opening the lid. I have collected the last few minidump files and put them here... https://we.tl/t-52LqXSC2u9Can anyone help me work out what is wrong?thanksmjf...
  6. Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360: HiI have had my laptop BSOD on me every 2-3 days recently, usually when trying to wake it from sleep by opening the lid. I have collected the last few minidump files and put them here... https://we.tl/t-52LqXSC2u9Can anyone help me work out what is wrong?thanksmjf...
  7. Please Help my XPS 13 9360!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help my XPS 13 9360!: I have scoured the interwebs to no avail. I'm distraught, and I don't know where else to turn! So I just purchased a used XPS 13 9360. The computer was totally factory reset before acquisition. Aside from my several issues, this computer is gorgeous. I can only imagine how...
  8. Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue: I have a friend who has the above laptop and she is not able to get sound from the sound card. She installed what she thinks is the latest Realtek drivers. However I am confused as to some of the information listed on her system as to what is the real driver. 1. When I go to...
  9. Big issue with my Dell Xps 13 9360? [Urgent]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Big issue with my Dell Xps 13 9360? [Urgent]: Ok, I need help on my dell. Last week, I was watching YouTube videos on my laptop, working perfectly, no issues. Next couple days, I opened my laptop and i saw a light blue screen, (not the blue screen of death). I held my power button down and restarted it. Once my laptop...
  10. Black Screen Dell XPS 9360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Dell XPS 9360: Yesterday morning turned on XPS, appeared to be booting, keys back light and then it shut itself off. Sometimes stays on with only a black screen. Only had since January 27, 2018 and am super stressed that I cannot work. Yes, I have backed up the computer regularly, but this...