Windows 10: built-in mic problem

Discus and support built-in mic problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does Duolingo messes up the built-in mic? mine stop working after using Duolingo. Coincidence?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pierre-PaulVillafafila, Apr 3, 2021.

1. built-in mic problem

does Duolingo messes up the built-in mic? mine stop working after using Duolingo. Coincidence?

:)

Pierre-PaulVillafafila, Apr 3, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop.

I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built into my earbuds, but when I use these earbuds on my phone I am able to use the microphone seamlessly.

For further information, the default recording device on my computer is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, and I've done several tests to confirm that it is indeed the mic that is built into my Asus laptop.

Much thanks and cheers.

ThomasJeong, Apr 3, 2021
  4. built-in mic problem

Built in mic not working

Hi Ravindran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing in-built mic on your device, we will help with this issue.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

This issue might have also occurred due to corrupted drivers hence, I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

built-in mic problem

1. built-in mic problem - Similar Threads - built mic problem

2. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  3. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  4. built in mic - static noise suddenly a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in mic - static noise suddenly a problem.: I use my built in mic a lot for meetings and training recordings. Yesterday I was working on some new training materials and began recording with the built in mic and my recording all started to have a static noise come through that's never been an issue before. My...
  5. Headphone with built-in Mic

Headphone with built-in Mic: I want to use Mic and speaker both of my headphones with the same one port at a time....What needs to be done to help this..I don't want to use stereo mix as it records system volumn... any solution for this??...
  6. Built in mic won't work

Built in mic won't work: Hello. So I have this Lenovo laptop for almost a year or two now, and it's been working pretty fine except the battery which is a bit dead. Let's head to the main problem. I have been using this built in mic for some time and it's been working perfectly fine, but when my...
  7. Built-in mic problem when used with MS Teams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built-in mic problem when used with MS Teams: My built-in mic is not working when used with MS Teams. I tried a wired headset and wireless headphones with no benefit. I have this problem just in calls on Microsoft Teams but I don’t have it with Skype and other services....
  8. Problem with built-in mic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with built-in mic: I upgraded a system on my Kiano tablet but the built-in mic is not recognized. I tried all the methods I could find to make the mic work but the only one that works is using Bluetooth...
  9. Intel Built in Mic issues

Intel Built in Mic issues: My mic on my Acer Aspire V15 stopped working today, no prior issues, but now it won't detect any sounds. I've tried reinstalling intel sound technology drivers, I've tried changing the app exclusivity settings around, and I've checked device manager, and it says that...
  10. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...