Windows 10: Built-in mic won't work.

Discus and support Built-in mic won't work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. So I have this Lenovo laptop for almost a year or two now, and it's been working pretty fine except the battery which is a bit dead. Let's head... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TirdadMorovati, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Built-in mic won't work.

Hello. So I have this Lenovo laptop for almost a year or two now, and it's been working pretty fine except the battery which is a bit dead. Let's head to the main problem. I have been using this built in mic for some time and it's been working perfectly fine, but when my laptop suddenly shut down because of my dead battery, my mic stopped working. After that, I remember I restarted it or somethin like that and it was fixed. But now, I tried doing every method but I can't work with my mic. The special thing is that my device won't even detect it! Like when I try to select an input in the sound settings it brings up nothing. Windows 10 by the way.

:)

TirdadMorovati, Sep 22, 2020

2. Built in mic not working

Hi Ravindran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing in-built mic on your device, we will help with this issue.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

This issue might have also occurred due to corrupted drivers hence, I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Sep 22, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Built-in mic won't work.

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Built-in mic won't work.

1. Built-in mic won't work. - Similar Threads - Built mic won't

2. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  3. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  4. Please help!! Built in mic not working !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help!! Built in mic not working !!: Hey my dudes !! I have run into some issues with my built in microphone for my laptop. I am using an Acer aspire v5 561g and the microphones don't work. It works when I use a headphone but when I unplug the headphone, the buil in microphone doesn't work. Can you suggest me a...
  5. Built in mic won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in mic won't work: Hello. So I have this Lenovo laptop for almost a year or two now, and it's been working pretty fine except the battery which is a bit dead. Let's head to the main problem. I have been using this built in mic for some time and it's been working perfectly fine, but when my...
  6. built in microphone won't work

built in microphone won't work: my laptop's built in microphone won't work . I tried to troubleshoot it and update drivers and some suggestion that this community provide . but it won't fix the problem. I can't test the microphone . funny thing is skype can detect my voice but Cortana or system can't detect...
  7. built in web camera and mic not working

built in web camera and mic not working: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-C5379 laptop running Windows 10. It had Windows 10 when I bought it new. My built-in camera and mic have stopped working. They had worked not too long ago. I don't remember exactly, but I would say about 6 months. Can anyone help me fix this?...
  8. Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds: I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my...
  9. Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds: I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my...
  10. Built-in apps won't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-in apps won't work: Hi, i see there are some posts about built-in apps not working, but everything ends in the question about if creating a new user solves the problem. Well, yes, it does. Question is if there's any way to avoid this beside the a-b-c (sfc, powershell) and if there's not how to...