Windows 10: Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones

Discus and support Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 computer which came with Windows 10 operating system. I have been having issues with the in-built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by juliak86, Aug 2, 2020.

1. juliak86 Win User

Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 computer which came with Windows 10 operating system. I have been having issues with the in-built microphone not working from the beginning. This means that the microphone testing option in Sound is greyed out and the microphone does not pick up on any signal. I checked all the settings including <Sounds> and the microphone seems to be enabled everywhere. I reinstalled the Realtek driver several times, but this also doesn't help in solving the issue. My computer also has an AMD high definition audio device on it and when I updated this one, the microphone started working - but then the computer stopped detecting my headphones. After checking everywhere how to fix the headphone issue, I reinstalled the realtek driver again and now my headphone works but I lost the microphone again! At this point I really have no clue what to do because obviously I need both to be in working order. I suspect it has to do with the AMD software, but I have no idea how to solve it. I would appreciate any help with solving this issue.

:)

juliak86, Aug 2, 2020
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Aug 2, 2020
  3. sergO3 Win User
    Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Aug 2, 2020
  4. ZoofyZoof Win User

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Built-in microphone is not detected in windows 10 and problems with headphones - Similar Threads - Built microphone detected

2. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers: 6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as headphones/speakers . I've tried EVERYTHING . The issue is not the microphone itself . I've tried using another microphone but...
  4. Microphone detected as Headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected as Headphones problem: Hello everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm having problems on my laptop. I have a hp spectre x360 and now that I moved city bc of uni I brough my headphones/microphone with me from my main pc. Since this laptop is an ultrabook it only has a...
  5. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  6. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  7. no built in microphone detected

no built in microphone detected: on board microphone disappeared after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-built-in-microphone-detected/df04c449-f1d5-418d-b8dc-e0cef397e3da
  8. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10): I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone. I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all. I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the...
  9. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...