Windows 10: Built-in Microphone stopped working.

Discus and support Built-in Microphone stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenDeLorio, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Built-in Microphone stopped working.

My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the past restarting the computer fixed the problem. This week, however, the built-in microphone seems to be completely off. I have set it as the default, run troubleshooting, and installed the latest drivers. Plugging in a separate microphone works, but I would like to be able to use the built-in one. Any thoughts?

:)

BenDeLorio, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2020
  3. OGSIX Win User
    Built in Microphone not working

Hello,

I've been having a problem with my laptop (MSI GF63) Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop (few weeks ago) and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting
    and it's all good and there's nothing interfering with the mic. I also tried to reinstalling the driver (Realtek HD audio) multiple times and still no luck. I even reset windows and It worked for a day (Before i shut the laptop down i believe) and it's not
    working again . The weird thing is when i try to "set up the microphone" the built in mic, the troubleshooter doesn't gave me the step where you try to speak to your mic and straight up just gave me "Your microphone might need to be set up" with the green
    checklist logo on the right still having the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

OGSIX, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Built-in Microphone stopped working.

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Built-in Microphone stopped working.

1. Built-in Microphone stopped working. - Similar Threads - Built Microphone stopped

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  4. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  5. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Built-in microphone not working

Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  7. Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working: So I have a lenovo thinkbook I got back in August; it works perfectly fine apart from the fact the built in microphone just stops working. This has happened a few times already - always when I'm on a zoom meeting which isn't ideal when I need to present. I somehow managed to...
  8. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  9. Built in microphone not working.

Built in microphone not working.: Hi,today I took part in a Pilates class on zoom on my laptop. I could hear the instructor but she couldn't hear me. I have spent quite a considerable amount of time troubleshooting. I have tried microphone,speech,device manager and Cortana troubleshooters. All to no avail. I...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not working on asus laptop

2. built in microphone driver vivobook

3. asus microphone not working

4. device manager states internal mic working on asus laptop but it isnt,
  5. asus computer microphone not working,
  6. laptop computer microphone not working,
  7. my built in mic is not working windows 10,
  8. microphone problem on asus laptop,
  9. asus vivobook realtek microphone not working,
  10. asus internal microphone not working,
  11. my ASUS internal microphone doesnt work