Windows 10: Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

Discus and support Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have had this HP spectre X 360-13t-4000 laptop for 5 years. it has been working well all along. Lately, the Micros phone suddenly stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shishir-xen, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

Hello,

I have had this HP spectre X 360-13t-4000 laptop for 5 years. it has been working well all along. Lately, the Micros phone suddenly stops responding, or maybe picks up very week signals. The weird thing is that when it goes into this state, the voice recorder barely picks up any sound. Playing back I cannot hear anything, but can hear fine when it is not in this funky state. The control panel system->sound->microsoftphone shows no indication of sound being received. This happens right in the middle of a Zoom session, and the people on the other end say they cannot hear me.

I went to HP site and downloaded audio drivers and installed them. But still no help. APpreciate any help you can give me. This is becoming a real nuisance.

I am not sure what makes it recover, but this does look like a software problem.

Thanks

Shishir Pardikar

:)

Shishir-xen, Nov 23, 2020

2. Built in Laptop Mic Suddenly Stopped Working!

Hi community,

Just a few hours before this post, the built in microphone in my ASUS VivoBook Flip TP501UQ Signature Edition laptop suddenly stopped working! I have tried everything from malware scans with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes to reinstalling drivers and nothing
    has worked.

I have come here for some professional help to see if I can get my problem fixed. I can provide any more needed information.

Thanks,

CyberGen49, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Nov 23, 2020
  4. OGSIX Win User

Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

Built in Microphone not working

Hello,

I've been having a problem with my laptop (MSI GF63) Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop (few weeks ago) and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting
    and it's all good and there's nothing interfering with the mic. I also tried to reinstalling the driver (Realtek HD audio) multiple times and still no luck. I even reset windows and It worked for a day (Before i shut the laptop down i believe) and it's not
    working again . The weird thing is when i try to "set up the microphone" the built in mic, the troubleshooter doesn't gave me the step where you try to speak to your mic and straight up just gave me "Your microphone might need to be set up" with the green
    checklist logo on the right still having the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

OGSIX, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

1. Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop - Similar Threads - Built microphone suddenly

2. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  3. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  4. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  5. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  6. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

7. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  8. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  9. Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?: version: Microsoft Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440) windows 10 home Hello , my microphone stopped working. So I would like to at find out if it is possible to solve this kind of problem. where do I start troubleshooting ? I have looked at this parts of my...
  10. Built-in Microphone stopped working.

Built-in Microphone stopped working.: My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the past restarting the computer fixed the problem. This week, however, the built-in microphone seems to be completely off. I have...