Windows 10: Built-in microphone white noise

Discus and support Built-in microphone white noise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Starting a few weeks ago, I was suddenly unable to use the microphone built into Surface Studio Laptop. When dialing into any video chat, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan_C_471, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Dan_C_471 Win User

Built-in microphone white noise

Starting a few weeks ago, I was suddenly unable to use the microphone built into Surface Studio Laptop. When dialing into any video chat, my computer pipes white noise into the conversation via the mic input. All anyone I'm talking with hears is white noise, regardless of whether I am speaking or not. This occurs regardless of the software used to video chat. I've replicated it in Skype, Zoom, Signal, and Google Meet. I've run various tests and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but to no avail.

:)

Dan_C_471, Feb 12, 2024
  2. eclipse Win User

Realtek inbuilt laptop microphone records white noise only

Recently my laptops in built microphone has not been working properly. When I attempt to record with it the actual file output is just a file that plays back white noise. I assume its a driver problem as the microphone is still seen by the OS and manages to "record" however the eventual output is just white noise. The problem doesn't seem to be volume either as even after applying a 20db boost to the microphone it still only outputs white noise. I am using a realtek (r) audio driver at version 6.0.1.8475. My OS version is windows 10, version 1809.

eclipse, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2024
  4. e00y Win User

Microphone static/white noise... please help

I use a Dell computer with Windows 10 on it with the default microphone (Realtek Audio). I've been trying to do Skype calls with a friend, but they say that I always have white noise/static in the background. I've already updated my driver, so... please
    help?

Thema:

1. Built-in microphone white noise - Similar Threads - Built microphone white

2. Built-in microphone white noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in microphone white noise: Starting a few weeks ago, I was suddenly unable to use the microphone built into Surface Studio Laptop. When dialing into any video chat, my computer pipes white noise into the conversation via the mic input. All anyone I'm talking with hears is white noise, regardless of...
  3. White noise on videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White noise on videos: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 11. On some, not all, videos, I get best described as white noise, see screen shot and am unable to view it. I'm guessing it only does this on certain video formats. Does anyone have an answer to this?...
  4. White noise on videos

White noise on videos: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 11. On some, not all, videos, I get best described as white noise, see screen shot and am unable to view it. I'm guessing it only does this on certain video formats. Does anyone have an answer to this?...
  5. Built in microphone.

Built in microphone.: Hello, I'm using an HP Pavilion x360 laptop, and my built-in Realtek R microphone doesn't work. I literally have tried most of the solutions and nothing works, I tried running a troubleshooter, Updating drivers, Disabling / Enabling the microphone. I also ran the HP Support...
  6. Built in microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in microphone.: Hello, I'm using an HP Pavilion x360 laptop, and my built-in Realtek R microphone doesn't work. I literally have tried most of the solutions and nothing works, I tried running a troubleshooter, Updating drivers, Disabling / Enabling the microphone. I also ran the HP Support...
  7. Built-in Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Built-in Microphone: My laptop is running under Windows 10. My built-in microphone does not work with the ZOOM application. I have verified the settings per what I found online. Are there any other settings that might be causing the problem?...
  8. White noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White noise: When I turn on a Microsoft game app like Microsoft Mahjong my computer speakers make a very loud white noise. It turns off when I close the app the sound stops. It is very loud!...
  9. Microphone built-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone built-in: My laptop's built-in microphone stopped working it doesn't capture any sound, i cannot speak, i cannot record, i need back my microphone. I use it constantly to talk on Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp...
  10. Built in Microphone

in Cortana
    Built in Microphone: How do i set the microphone to stay on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-microphone/8809d5d5-e46e-45bf-8004-11876b16d73d"