Windows 10: Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

Discus and support Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a lenovo thinkbook I got back in August; it works perfectly fine apart from the fact the built in microphone just stops working. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lizzyliz00, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

So I have a lenovo thinkbook I got back in August; it works perfectly fine apart from the fact the built in microphone just stops working. This has happened a few times already - always when I'm on a zoom meeting which isn't ideal when I need to present. I somehow managed to fix it two or three times but only out of sheer random luck. I keep troubleshooting the audio controllers but it won't work. It says I need to input a microphone but I don't have one, I rely on the built in microphone.

Any suggestions?

:)

lizzyliz00, Mar 23, 2021
  2. OGSIX Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hello,

I've been having a problem with my laptop (MSI GF63) Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop (few weeks ago) and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting
    and it's all good and there's nothing interfering with the mic. I also tried to reinstalling the driver (Realtek HD audio) multiple times and still no luck. I even reset windows and It worked for a day (Before i shut the laptop down i believe) and it's not
    working again . The weird thing is when i try to "set up the microphone" the built in mic, the troubleshooter doesn't gave me the step where you try to speak to your mic and straight up just gave me "Your microphone might need to be set up" with the green
    checklist logo on the right still having the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

OGSIX, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

version:
    Microsoft Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440)
    windows 10 home

Hello , my microphone stopped working. So I would like to at find out if it is possible to solve this kind of problem. where do I start troubleshooting ?
    I have looked at this parts of my computer windows 10 to see if there anything not normal :
    1) looked into device manager , and checked properties of the microphone ()

2)Click into sound settings, (microphone does not show any signals of being working bar does not move when making noise or speaking)
    https://i.imgur.com/VlWaYif.png
    3) checked control panel and "other audio settings"
    https://i.imgur.com/8EvkzCQ.png
    4) checked control panel and speech recognition (it wont open)
    https://i.imgur.com/Dza1dH7.png
    Which should I be looking at to find out if this problem might have a solution. (It stopped working randomly) what should be my next step? I 'm not good at computers be patient please.
    thank you all.

izarnotegui, Mar 23, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

Hi,
    - forgive the obvious question- have you tried using a System Restore point created before this occurred?
    (Only available if you've ever enabled System Restore).

It's helpful to use the forum facilities thus

Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working [​IMG]

- here's your 4th:

Please try the Microphone Troubleshooter and post the result:

and this one:

Inspect your Update History - did you receive any updates around the time this started?
    Towards the bottom- also look at driver updates.

What is the model and aproximate age of your laptop?
    Please post a link to its driver download page from the manufacturer.

Click 'My computers' below my post for comparison. Tutorials available on how to obtain and add specs.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working

1. Built-in microphone won't work. Randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Built microphone won't

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  4. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  5. Microphone stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone stops working randomly.: Hello, I have an Apollo Solo USB with a Sennheiser MKh-416 microphone. For some reason the Microphone works for couple minutes, and then suddenly stops working (also in the interface software). When I select one of my saved audio settings it works again for couple minutes,...
  6. built in microphone won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in microphone won't work: my laptop's built in microphone won't work . I tried to troubleshoot it and update drivers and some suggestion that this community provide . but it won't fix the problem. I can't test the microphone . funny thing is skype can detect my voice but Cortana or system can't detect...
  7. Microphone Randomly Stopped Working

Microphone Randomly Stopped Working: My Blue Yeti microphone has worked for years. Now out of nowhere I can't get it to work on ANYTHING. I have tried every video and every single bit of forum advice as far as sound settings go. Please, I need help as I can't live stream without it. It's receiving power and...
  8. Built-in Microphone stopped working.

Built-in Microphone stopped working.: My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the past restarting the computer fixed the problem. This week, however, the built-in microphone seems to be completely off. I have...
  9. Built in microphone not working.

Built in microphone not working.: Hi,today I took part in a Pilates class on zoom on my laptop. I could hear the instructor but she couldn't hear me. I have spent quite a considerable amount of time troubleshooting. I have tried microphone,speech,device manager and Cortana troubleshooters. All to no avail. I...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...