Windows 10: Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arian Hosseini, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook.

:)

Arian Hosseini, Jul 24, 2023

2. Built-in Microphone stopped working.

My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the past restarting the computer fixed the problem. This week, however, the built-in microphone seems to be completely
    off. I have set it as the default, run troubleshooting, and installed the latest drivers. Plugging in a separate microphone works, but I would like to be able to use the built-in one. Any thoughts?

BenDeLorio, Jul 24, 2023
  3. OGSIX Win User
    Built in Microphone not working

Hello,

I've been having a problem with my laptop (MSI GF63) Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop (few weeks ago) and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting
    and it's all good and there's nothing interfering with the mic. I also tried to reinstalling the driver (Realtek HD audio) multiple times and still no luck. I even reset windows and It worked for a day (Before i shut the laptop down i believe) and it's not
    working again . The weird thing is when i try to "set up the microphone" the built in mic, the troubleshooter doesn't gave me the step where you try to speak to your mic and straight up just gave me "Your microphone might need to be set up" with the green
    checklist logo on the right still having the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

OGSIX, Jul 24, 2023
  4. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jul 24, 2023
Thema:

Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

1. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Built Realtek microphone

2. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  3. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  4. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  5. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  6. realtek built in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek built in microphone not working: hi i got hp all in 1 in 2019 i got lots of white noise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-built-in-microphone-not-working/5693d622-aaa0-42cf-9b45-e4a8bd99ce9b
  7. Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop: Hello, I have had this HP spectre X 360-13t-4000 laptop for 5 years. it has been working well all along. Lately, the Micros phone suddenly stops responding, or maybe picks up very week signals. The weird thing is that when it goes into this state, the voice recorder barely...
  8. Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working

Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working: So, the problem is occurring on an Asus computer, Windows 10. The microphone was recording fine, and suddenly it stopped. Running the test in sound picks up level 0 - 3 at all times. When I try to listen to it through playback, I get a piercing screeching noise, and...
  9. Built-in Microphone stopped working.

Built-in Microphone stopped working.: My RealTek microphone has recently stopped working on my ASUS VivoBook. This has happened before, usually after plugging in headphones, but in the past restarting the computer fixed the problem. This week, however, the built-in microphone seems to be completely off. I have...
  10. Realtek built in microphone not working Device...

Realtek built in microphone not working Device...: Hi I have a H.P. Pavilion Laptop 575RH8LC Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.720 Updated 11 April 2020 The speakers are working fine. The microphone is not working. Named Realtek High Definition Audio. The Realtek driver is listed as 6.0.1.8186 I use the "Test"...