Windows 10: Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy

Discus and support Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I try to import photos, I continually get an error message saying that no photos were detected. Historically, I have been able to import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by madmor, Sep 30, 2019.

1. madmor Win User

Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy

Hello,

When I try to import photos, I continually get an error message saying that no photos were detected. Historically, I have been able to import photo and then my computer could no longer detect one of my two memory cards and now cannot detect either card. I took card to a camera store and with a lot of trouble (tried multiple drives) were able to transfer photos from card to flash drive, so card is functional and photos are intact. Any suggestions about how to correct issues would be appreciated.

:)

madmor, Sep 30, 2019
  2. jlj060453 Win User

built in memory card slots

Hello Everyone,

This isn't a question but my long standing issue seems to now be resolved. I asked why my memory card slot wouldn't read my memory card adaptor with a micro usb in it on my HP laptop. the memory card reader is built in to the laptop. Responses from Microsoft
    were vague. However I've just installed update 1803 ( once again took ages though) but the card reader is now working. Can I suggest others with the same issue update and check to see if theirs is resolved. Thanks Microsoft.

Regards John

jlj060453, Sep 30, 2019
  3. built-in memory card reader

my built-in memory card reader quit working

RecioRecio, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Knighty77 Win User

Card reader does not read SD card on my HP p6-2302eam

Thanks for the reply

To answer your questions

My pc is a HP P6 series.

There was no error message.

As my reader is not any external reader I cannot access reader from different devices or ports.

Step 1

Going through trouble shooting finally got the card in question recognised. Although I suspect that this won't be the last time I see this problem as I had previously tried other memory cards and they were recognised but the one wasn't.

So I am beginning to suspect that my reader may be causing the problem.

Step 2

No updates were pending.

Thanks for you help in this matter.

Knighty

Knighty77, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy - Similar Threads - Built reader reading

2. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814
  3. Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ?: Hey there, if anyone can answer me it would be greatly appreciated.Can a SD card memory reader also successfully read a sdhc card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-sd-card-memory-reader-also-successfully-read/b47399a7-4ab3-4304-8749-20598f4a5814
  4. IS "SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS "SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH...: I SAW SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH ON EBAY AND AM WONDERING IF THIS USB CARD READER WILL WORK WITH WINDOWS 10?HERE IS THE LINK:...
  5. IS "SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS "SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH...: I SAW SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH ON EBAY AND AM WONDERING IF THIS USB CARD READER WILL WORK WITH WINDOWS 10?HERE IS THE LINK:...
  6. IS "SB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer Adapter for S D MMC SDHC TF Card UP To 6`WH...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Read camera memory card

Read camera memory card: I have a Pentax Optio 330RS camera. I should be able to connect the camera to my HP Envy15 laptop by cable to download the photos on the memory card or from the camera's internal memory to the laptop. It doesn't work and I suspect that the camera's software is not compatible...
  8. Dell PC with built in memory card reader.

Dell PC with built in memory card reader.: My dell pc with windows 10 doesn't recognize the memory card reader. I inserted a card and now I can't get it out. Help is needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-pc-with-built-in-memory-card-reader/bdc5f9a7-de61-43dc-bf87-9aa426f2d6ec
  9. Memory Card reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Card reader: The memory card reader on my Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped working for no apparent reason. The Windows 10 troubleshooter couldn't find a fault, tells me the device is working OK - but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  10. Memory card reader

Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...