Windows 10: Built in security

Discus and support Built in security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! Does Window 10 have built in security/firewall? Can I use it without McAfee?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BorkiRakfesk, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Built in security

Hi!

Does Window 10 have built in security/firewall? Can I use it without McAfee?

:)

BorkiRakfesk, Mar 14, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 14, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Built in security

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Built in security

1. Built in security - Similar Threads - Built security

2. built in windows security not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built in windows security not working: When i open my windows security it opens for a millisecond showing the logo and then closes without showing any uiive tried :using local group policy editorchanging registry keys reseting on apps and features settings...
  3. built in windows security not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built in windows security not working: When i open my windows security it opens for a millisecond showing the logo and then closes without showing any uiive tried :using local group policy editorchanging registry keys reseting on apps and features settings...
  4. built in windows security not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects: 43 users/groups "YES" i know there is "I"and a guest account which should be hidden and not used ,the rest are microsoft and security principals and such "Istill want to remove them Please Inlighten me" and can i have a straight forward answer in how to do what i asked...
  6. 42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    42 objects types>Groups/users /built-in security principals /other objects: 43 users/groups "YES" i know there is "I"and a guest account which should be hidden and not used ,the rest are microsoft and security principals and such "Istill want to remove them Please Inlighten me" and can i have a straight forward answer in how to do what i asked...
  7. make a home built system into a "secured core" system?

make a home built system into a "secured core" system?: I build my own desktops, so this item from Microsoft interested me: Windows 10: This kernel malware is why you need Secured-core PCs, says Microsoft | ZDNet A TPM module is available for my ASUS motherboard. If I add that TPM, is that sufficient? 173581
  8. If the computer comes with built in security, do I need to install Norton or McAfee on a...

If the computer comes with built in security, do I need to install Norton or McAfee on a...: My new inspiron says it comes with all the software security i need, but it also came with a free trial of McAffee. Do i need McAffe or Norton to keep the computer more protected...
  9. I just built my PC and I’m starting all the windows security updates and all that, but when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just built my PC and I’m starting all the windows security updates and all that, but when...: Does anyone know why it is saying driver not found? Not the best with knowing all this stuff since it is my first time building a PC. submitted by /u/XxThor27xX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enqqxq/i_just_built_my_pc_and_im_starting_all_the/
  10. SECURITY/BUILT IN/PC ?

SECURITY/BUILT IN/PC ?: Am I suppose to have built in security on my pc win 10 home/version 1803 ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/securitybuilt-inpc/8dac0a45-4870-4c06-a368-d24627fc0280"