Windows 10: Built in security

Discus and support Built in security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! Does Window 10 have built in security/firewall? Can I use it without McAfee?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BorkiRakfesk, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Built in security

Hi!

Does Window 10 have built in security/firewall? Can I use it without McAfee?

:)

BorkiRakfesk, Mar 14, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 14, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Built in security

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Built in security

1. Built in security - Similar Threads - Built security

2. Problem with built-in mic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with built-in mic: I upgraded a system on my Kiano tablet but the built-in mic is not recognized. I tried all the methods I could find to make the mic work but the only one that works is using Bluetooth...
  3. Windows 10 1903 - Night Light (Built in function) problem...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 - Night Light (Built in function) problem...: Since updating to the latest Win 10 version "1903" my Night Light function has stopped working like it should be, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... Sometimes a simple rebooting fixes the problem but now it just seems totally deactivated no matter how many reboots I...
  4. Intel Built in Mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Built in Mic issues: My mic on my Acer Aspire V15 stopped working today, no prior issues, but now it won't detect any sounds. I've tried reinstalling intel sound technology drivers, I've tried changing the app exclusivity settings around, and I've checked device manager, and it says that...
  5. Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...: I have a H/P desktop PC, model# 510-a010 that came equipped with what I CD/DVD player/burner. I tried burning a DVD and the process runs its course until it reaches about 96 percent complete, and then it stops processing and the disc tray opens up and then it shows and error...
  6. SECURITY/BUILT IN/PC ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SECURITY/BUILT IN/PC ?: Am I suppose to have built in security on my pc win 10 home/version 1803 ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/securitybuilt-inpc/8dac0a45-4870-4c06-a368-d24627fc0280"
  7. Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?

Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?: Hello All, I am preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 560S (64 bit) and have a question about security. I know someone who has a degree in Network Administration (although he doesn't work in that field) who says that the built in firewall...
  8. Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?: Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or...
  9. Built in Administrator - account security questions?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator - account security questions?: After a couple of weeks of using Windows 10, I finally have the OS installed, tweaked and personalized. The last thing on the list is to tighten-up the default security account/settings of Windows 10 on the PC. In the past I attempted to do this w/ Windows 7 with...
  10. Custom built computer getting Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom built computer getting Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD: Just finished building my new computer. I've been getting Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD's nearly every day. They happen at no time in particular. Here is my file. Any help is appreciated *Smile. Attachment 37545 22638