Windows 10: Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019

Discus and support Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the new Windows update (Version 1903) yesterday 9/26/19 and now my laptop's built in speakers and mic aren't recognized under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liam F., Sep 27, 2019.

1. Liam F. Win User

Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019

I just installed the new Windows update (Version 1903) yesterday 9/26/19 and now my laptop's built in speakers and mic aren't recognized under the Sound Settings device lists. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and restarted after using the troubleshooter a bunch of times--still nothing. There's also no option to "Roll Back Drivers" in the Device Manager; the button's grayed-out. Anyone have a fix?

Update: My computer's a Dell G5587 by the way.

:)

Liam F., Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows Update-Fehler 0x800F081F(2019-9-1-T-12-55-26)

Windows Update-Fehler 0x800F081F(2019-9-1-T-12-55-26)

HotOstrich9075, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Airider Win User
    built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype

Airider, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019

Built in mic not working

Hi Ravindran,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing in-built mic on your device, we will help with this issue.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

This issue might have also occurred due to corrupted drivers hence, I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019

1. Built In Speakers/Mic Don't Work After New Update Version 1903 9/26/2019 - Similar Threads - Built Speakers Mic

2. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  3. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  4. Hearing built-in mic through speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing built-in mic through speakers: I always hear my built-in mic, even though all mics except for my external mic are disabled. This is very annoying as I can hear the white noise from it and if I, for example, tap my finger on it I can hear the sound from it. I can hear it as soon as the computer is beginning...
  5. Feature Update version 1903 ‎10/‎9/‎2019 release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update version 1903 ‎10/‎9/‎2019 release: I had to uninstall the 1903 feature update and now want to install it. The check updates doesn't find it, where can I down load it and install it....
  6. 2019-9 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 based systems (KB424147)

2019-9 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 based systems (KB424147): wont update it restarts then it undoes the changes i been trying many times for this to work and nothing, any suggestions on what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2019-9-cumulative-update-for-windows-10-version/4044b593-d5e9-4be8-8b63-d4aecc37a3fa
  7. No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio devices found after W10 1903 update - built in speakers & mic included: I now have no sound and troubleshooting can't even find the built in laptop speakers or microphone that were working perfectly in the previous 1803 build....
  8. 1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019: Hi Everyone, For last few years, i've been updating and doing all the troubleshooting available and reverting back to 1709 which brings sound back... and i changed my preferences to no longer update however windows window kept popping up and if i leave my computer on it...
  9. Windows 10 new update may 2019 version 1903

Windows 10 new update may 2019 version 1903: Hello last time after I installed the last update may 2019 version 1903 ,i got a problem and it tell me to reconnect but it dosnt want to reconnect amd my files get deleted and every time it creat new profile .i cant delete it in regedit .what i can do ??[ATTACH]...
  10. What is new for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: This topic lists all new features for you to try in the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903. Each new feature will include the Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (19H1). List of New Features: Emoji 12.0 Update (Build 18348) Improving Gaming on Windows 10 (Build 18342)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones work but speakers dont after update to 1903