Windows 10: built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?

Discus and support built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have purchased a reconditioned laptop Lenovo Thinkpad and when I came to use the Webcam and Microphone, the computer couldn't find/locate either of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanTulip, Jan 16, 2021.

1. built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?

I have purchased a reconditioned laptop Lenovo Thinkpad and when I came to use the Webcam and Microphone, the computer couldn't find/locate either of them. Help please.

:)

NathanTulip, Jan 16, 2021

2. AOC monitor with built in webcam and microphone

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to clarify the following information:

• When was the last time you are able to see the built-in webcam and microphone under Device Manager?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    Looking forward for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?

My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?

1. built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible? - Similar Threads - built Webcam Microphone

2. Built in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in webcam not working: My Asus Vivobook with Windows 11 has been unable to access the built-in camera for months. I have tried every troubleshooting, restart, uninstall, repair, reset, and disabling anti-virus but no matter what I do I continually get an 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code....
  3. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  5. Built-in Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in Webcam not working: My built-in Webcam does not work anymore on my Acer Lap Top. The camera app doesn't detect a camera, neither does any other app on the device Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, WhatsApp.... I have tried every suggestion on the page below, restarted the computer several times and...
  6. built in webcam

built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  7. Built-in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Built-in webcam not working: I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ? Thanks in advance/Kasturi...
  8. built-in webcam not working

built-in webcam not working: My built in webcam can't be found on my HP envy using windows 10. How do I resinstall? There is no area for "camera" or "imaging devices" under my device driver....
  9. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  10. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74