Windows 10: built in webcam

Discus and support built in webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulHarman2, Apr 10, 2021.

1. built in webcam

i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me.

:)

PaulHarman2, Apr 10, 2021
  2. TobiaF Win User

Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Kynn_C Win User
    Computer Doesn't See Built in Webcam

Can I ask when is the last time the camera was working?

Honestly I am not sure, it used to work. Haven't tried it for a while until recently with the stay at home and more communication being done via video. Not sure it has worked since I installed Windows 10

Thanks for trying to help John, Here are the answers to your questions and the results of the suggested fixes:

Did you made any changes recently? Just the recommended updates

What is your current windows version and edition? Windows 10 Home, Version 1909 No errors shown

Camera Privacy Switch located at the right side of the laptop (do not have on this model)

Camera Shutter Key located on the keyboard (do not have one on this model)

Please try to press FN+F6 or F10. or try other F key combinations (none of these worked)

Press Start then search command prompt

Right click then run as administrator (note: try to disable translation to see the correct command)

type: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

Run the troubleshooter

Restart your PC (did this)

Step 1. Checked, Permissions are turned on

Step 2. Check your antivirus software

Checked, I'm using Avast Free Antivirus software, Info states only the Premium version blocks webcams

Had an older version of Mcafee Security Scan Plus, Deleted and Restarted Computer

Step 3. Update a device driver using Windows Update (Done, Updates Current)

Step 4. Download and install the camera driver (Installed the camera driver from the Lenovo Support Website and Restarted computer)

Step 5. Roll back your webcam driver (Webcam is not listed under Device Manager (even showing hidden devices)

Step 6. Uninstall your webcam driver (See Step 5)

Step 7. If your camera isn't listed in Device manager, test ports and run a scan

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps: (This is a built in webcam not an external device)

If Camera doesn't work in Windows 10 (I have done all of the checks using advice for Windows 10)

Still no camera detected or recognized

Kynn_C, Apr 10, 2021
  4. built in webcam

Webcam

Hi Miki,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is the webcam built-in with your laptop or a USB-connected one?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Thank you.

Katrina Men, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

built in webcam

1. built in webcam - Similar Threads - built webcam

2. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  3. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  4. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Built in webcam not working

Built in webcam not working: My Asus Vivobook with Windows 11 has been unable to access the built-in camera for months. I have tried every troubleshooting, restart, uninstall, repair, reset, and disabling anti-virus but no matter what I do I continually get an 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code....
  6. Built in webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in webcam not working: My Asus Vivobook with Windows 11 has been unable to access the built-in camera for months. I have tried every troubleshooting, restart, uninstall, repair, reset, and disabling anti-virus but no matter what I do I continually get an 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code....
  7. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  8. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  9. My built in HD Webcam on my HP Laptop stopped working and is not appearing on device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My built in HD Webcam on my HP Laptop stopped working and is not appearing on device...: My camera has stopped working randomly and I got my HP Laptop in 2020 or 2021 please tell me what I should do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-hd-webcam-on-my-hp-laptop-stopped/f2b43da7-45fa-42e9-a274-158e918de8f1
  10. My built in HD Webcam on my HP Laptop stopped working and is not appearing on device...

My built in HD Webcam on my HP Laptop stopped working and is not appearing on device...: My camera has stopped working randomly and I got my HP Laptop in 2020 or 2021 please tell me what I should do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-hd-webcam-on-my-hp-laptop-stopped/f2b43da7-45fa-42e9-a274-158e918de8f1