Windows 10: Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save, Broadcast Broken

Discus and support Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save, Broadcast Broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save and Unable to Stream Using Windows Game Bar First Issue is that I am unable to change two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xProlific, Sep 9, 2019.

1. xProlific Win User

Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save, Broadcast Broken

Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save and Unable to Stream Using Windows Game Bar

First Issue is that I am unable to change two settings under Settings>Gaming>Broadcast. I cannot set Audio Quality or uncheck the box for "Broadcast Game Audio Only". All other settings appear to save without issue. Picture of Settings: Windows 10 Broadcast Settings - Album on Imgur

Second issue and it may or may not be related is that I cannot stream to mixer using Xbox Game Bar. Win+G>Broadcast. I get the application error "Broadcasting isn't working. Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later." Also of note is that previously mixer would briefly pop up and try to begin broadcasting before giving me the same error. After trying some of the fixes below that is no longer the case instead attempting to broadcast fails instantly to the error.

So far I have tried:
    -Making Sure Background Apps in Windows Security Settings Settings>Privacy>Background Apps [Enabled]

-Enable Broadcasting on Windows Account
    https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings>Privacy & Online Safety > Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety> Broadcast Gameplay [Allow]

-Uninstalling and Reinstalling Xbox Game Bar
    In Windows Powershell as Administrator:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Reinstall “Xbox Game Bar” from Microsoft Store

-Ensuring App Capture is enabled in the Registry
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    “AppCaptureEnabled”=DWORD:1
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
    “GameDVR_Enabled”=DWORD:1

-Unlinking and Relinking Microsoft Account to Mixer
    Mixer.com>Account> Unlink Microsoft Account>Link Microsoft Account

-Resetting Windows 10 and Keeping My Files

:)

xProlific, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mixer Broadcast Not Working

Hi CV Scaryseizure,

Thank you for bringing this up. Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out what causing the Mixer Broadcast not to work properly. Kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us when did you notice this issue?
    • Do you use the Mixer Broadcasting app on Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you sign out your account on the Mixer app then sign in again. If you still got the same issue, I suggest that you also reinstall the app to eliminate corrupted files.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't broadcast via the game bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you receiving any error message or error code?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I suggest you to follow this article

Why can't I broadcast my game?
    , and
    Broadcast your game with Mixer on Windows 10
    , I also recommend you to refer this article

Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10
    , check if that work.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Built-in Windows 10 Broadcast Settings Will Not Save, Broadcast Broken - Similar Threads - Built Broadcast Settings

2. Broadcast to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast to a sonos move?Cheers...
  3. broadcast option of whatsapp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    broadcast option of whatsapp: how do I get the Broadcast option not on whatsapp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadcast-option-of-whatsapp/8438fe02-d64d-4184-8bc9-a272f57488fe
  4. Broadcasting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcasting on Windows 10: Applies to Windows 10 & Gaming on Windows 10 As of October 2019 the broadcasting option that was once found in the Game to broadcast to Mixer was removed. Microsoft/Xbox wanted to remove this feature to enable them to improve the performance and make way for new...
  5. Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working: I've used many hours to get the native Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar to start broadcasting on Mixer to no avail. Whatever I do, I get the same error message: "Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later." Before I got to this point, I wasn't even able to get the "sign...
  6. Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar Broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar Broadcasting not working: I've used many hours to get the native Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar to start broadcasting on Mixer to no avail. Whatever I do, I get the same error message: "Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later." Before I got to this point, I wasn't even able to get the "sign...
  7. Wifi broadcasting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi broadcasting: People have been telling me that my pc is broadcasting some kind of connection while the hotspot option is turned off "DIRECT-GC<desktop name>msWF". this has become at times really annoying....
  8. Broadcasting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcasting: Please recommend me a fix. When I try to record or broadcast, I always receive a message that cannot record/broadcast right now pleas try again later. Can I resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadcasting/68f67f82-d4d9-4fcc-bf24-128c4e9f0325
  9. windows broadcasting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows broadcasting: windows broadcasting unfortunately when i try to either record or broadcast it always we cannot record/broadcast right now pleas try again later. how do i fix this please help me !!!!!!...
  10. Mixer never shows broadcast setup or starts broadcasting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixer never shows broadcast setup or starts broadcasting on Windows 10: Hello all, I am trying to broadcast from Mixer on Windows 10, and whenever I open game bar and then set to broadcast, the mixer app briefly shows up, then closes. I never see the option to change my streaming settings, and I have logged into Xbox, and everything should...