Windows 10: Built my first PC, now having issues with "Windows 10 N"

Discus and support Built my first PC, now having issues with "Windows 10 N" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically have gone through these steps - Downloaded bootable Windows 10 from a Mac, was able to split it and put on a USB. Booted up Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Olegreg6, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Built my first PC, now having issues with "Windows 10 N"

Basically have gone through these steps -

Downloaded bootable Windows 10 from a Mac, was able to split it and put on a USB.

Booted up Windows and life is great, first build went smooth. Then installed all my applications, even played some games and everything worked fine. I decided I want to buy a Windows key, I do. It doesn't work.

I find out Windows N is the European version and normal windows 10 keys do not work. So I look into installing windows 10. I used the tool suggested by Microsoft and on all the forums, but it just prompts me to delete everything and install a clean version of Windows 10 N!! I doesn't give me a choice of any other form.
    I'm downloading an iso file of "Windows 10" to a new USB, but not sure it will work. Before I totally uninstall everything off my computer, does anyone have any quick workarounds?

I don't really mind because I'm now having this issue where task manager is showing my HDD is being used 100% and everything is super damn slow to open or run, I've done some troubleshooting but haven't had much luck, it'll go away for a while and then start back up. My SSD is always at 0% which is odd.

Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/Olegreg6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Olegreg6, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Built my first PC, now having issues with "Windows 10 N"

1. Built my first PC, now having issues with "Windows 10 N" - Similar Threads - Built having issues

2. Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.: Windows 10 64-bitIntell core 15-12600k 3.7GHzB660m rs micro atx lga1700G.Skill Ripjaws v 32GBSamsung 970 evo plus 1TBRadeon RX 6800 XT 16GBTook my pc to a repair shop after experiencing crashing and got it back but am still having issues. I looked up a dump file viewer and it...
  3. Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.: Windows 10 64-bitIntell core 15-12600k 3.7GHzB660m rs micro atx lga1700G.Skill Ripjaws v 32GBSamsung 970 evo plus 1TBRadeon RX 6800 XT 16GBTook my pc to a repair shop after experiencing crashing and got it back but am still having issues. I looked up a dump file viewer and it...
  4. Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built my first PC and have now spent over a month trying to fix bsod crashing.: Intell core 15-12600k 3.7GHzB660m rs micro atx lga1700G.Skill Ripjaws v 32GBSamsung 970 evo plus 1TBRadeon RX 6800 XT 16GBTook my pc to a repair shop after experiencing crashing and got it back but am still having issues. I looked up a dump file viewer and it said the...
  5. Having issues with a second PC now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with a second PC now: So, I just built this pc and I haven't really got around to using it much until recently and after finally getting around to messing with it, Ive noticed it has some intermittent black screens that that dont cause any resets, screen just goes blank for a few seconds. I have...
  6. Having issues with a second PC now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a second PC now: So, I just built this pc and I haven't really got around to using it much until recently and after finally getting around to messing with it, Ive noticed it has some intermittent black screens that that dont cause any resets, screen just goes blank for a few seconds. I have...
  7. I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wrong-Philosopher559 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwcmq3/i_have_just_built_my_first_pc_and_have_plugged/
  8. Built new pc now network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built new pc now network issues: I can browse the internt but every once in awhile it says web page cannot be reached but than loads up. If it dosent i just refresh the page and its fine my main problem though is i cant not join friends games if it is peer to peer. Most online games its fine. If I host they...
  9. I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...: I bought a key online and it came in the form of a code that looks like this: (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX) I’m guessing I have to download this key to a USB drive, right? I just have absolutely no clue how to do that. Please help!! submitted by /u/grahamthehuman [link]...
  10. I just built my first PC

I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...