Windows 10: Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my...

Discus and support Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built my new PC and activated Windows 10, after troubleshooting with a Wi-Fi add in card, I determined that the motherboard's on board Wi-Fi was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatsanchikNik, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my...

I built my new PC and activated Windows 10, after troubleshooting with a Wi-Fi add in card, I determined that the motherboard's on board Wi-Fi was broken I signed in to my Microsoft account by doing so, making it admin. I then bought a new motherboard, installed it, and now Windows can't be activated. I ran the activation troubleshooter and selected "I changed hardware on this device recently" after it said that it wasn't able to activate Windows. My new PC was not shown at the next step yes I'm signed in to the same Microsoft account. I then selected the PC I'm using but with the old motherboard as the device I'm using but it said "Unable to activate Windows" "We can't activate Windows on this device. Try again later" and linked https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change - which doesn't help. It gave no error codes and it's been 12 hours since I first tried doing this.

:)

PatsanchikNik, Dec 25, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 25, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 25, 2019
  4. warup89 Win User

Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my...

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my...

1. Built my new PC, and used a new genuine copy of Windows 10, but had to change my... - Similar Threads - Built used genuine

2. My new copy of windows 10 will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new copy of windows 10 will not activate: I have purchased a new copy of windows 10 for a new build but the product will not activate.It keeps saying key is not valid, but this is a new sealed copy of windows *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  4. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  5. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 on new hardware. 0x803FA067 - Built new PC want to use my Win 10...

Can't activate Windows 10 on new hardware. 0x803FA067 - Built new PC want to use my Win 10...: Can't activate Windows 10 on new hardware. 0x803FA067 - Built new PC want to use my Win 10 Home on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-on-new-hardware/901c8738-6789-4333-ad58-aee2c04ccd5c
  7. built a brand new pc and bought a new copy of windows 10 home from Microsoft store, but it...

built a brand new pc and bought a new copy of windows 10 home from Microsoft store, but it...: I built a brand new pc, I've had microsoft accounts before but not on a previous machine that I upgraded only on other laptops etc.. I tried purchasing an official key through amazon and when I tried to apply that in activation settings it says "looks like the hardware on...
  8. Install My Genuine Windows On New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install My Genuine Windows On New SSD: I have Dell Inspiron Laptop with windows 10 pre-installed in it. I would like to upgrade my HDD to a SSD and do a clean installation of windows 10. But the problem is how can I get the genuine copy of my windows 10 to the new SSD? Can I perform the clean installation to...
  9. Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...: submitted by /u/THE_REAL_MR_BULLDOPS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iszog5/windows_10_activation_issue_built_a_new_pc/
  10. Built a new PC - how to transfer my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built a new PC - how to transfer my Windows 10?: I've just built a new PC as my old was very old and on it's last legs. My Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 8. I purchased Windows 8 back when it was new as a digital download. I can't find my Windows 8 key now. It's not listed as a purchase in my Microsoft Store...