Windows 10: Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed

Discus and support Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC, complete overhaul. I was using my friends PC it came with windows 8.1 Pro, I did the free upgrade to windows 10 pro it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BKLB, Dec 19, 2019.

1. BKLB Win User

Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed

I recently built a new PC, complete overhaul. I was using my friends PC it came with windows 8.1 Pro, I did the free upgrade to windows 10 pro it was activated as a digital license. When I built this new PC and selected I made a hardware change recently, clicked my device and it says Windows was unable to activate at this time. I will list all of the solutions I tried.

-Old PC deactivate windows key through cmd prompt, New pc Activation failed.

-Showkey Plus and other key programs to unveil the key is giving me the generic Windows 10 pro key, doesn't Work.

-I don't know how to uncover the original Windows 8.1 key after upgrading it to Windows 10 pro. My friend that gave me the computer purchased a genuine version of windows 8.1 but he is unable to find the product key.

- I have tried all of the CMD prompt options slmgr / ect.. to try and find the original key, I'm unable to roll back to windows 8 to test that method on the old PC because it's past 30 days for the roll back.

- Microsoft support phone number was absolutely horrendous, I tried multiple times to fix this issue and the service rep is unable to even speak English or help me out in any way. I read online that support can fix this problem but I have yet to see any possible way for that to happen.

I have a few possible fixes/questions, if I hooked up my old HDD from the other computer and put it into my new one could this possibly fix my issue? If I try and hook the old computer back up with my new SDD and try and clone windows 10 pro onto the SSD from the HDD is that a possible fix?

thanks for the help I am really trying to get to the bottom of this as I don't want to pay 100$+ for windows when I have a genuine version of it sitting here in my old computer.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 19, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed - Similar Threads - Built Activation Failed

2. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  3. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  4. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Built a New PC - Can't Activate Licence

Built a New PC - Can't Activate Licence: Hi All - Thanks in advance for the help! I was using my old PC with a retail version of Windows 10 installed, with activation screen stating Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to microsoft account. I have built a new PC, installed windows 10 using a USB...
  6. Built a new PC now getting Active Windows error

Built a new PC now getting Active Windows error: I recently built a new pc and transferred my SSD with Windows 10 on it to my new computer. I am now getting an Activate Windows alert. I was under the impression that I would be able to do this and just tell it that I changed hardware, but I guess something is wrong. On...
  7. Upgraded to new PC, Windows Activation fails

Upgraded to new PC, Windows Activation fails: Hello, I added a product key via my Microsoft account and had my previous PC working/activated. I decided to do a full upgrade on my PC and installed via USB. I previously installed Windows 10 Pro. This time around I installed Windows 10 Pro N. When I signed into my...
  8. Built a new PC, but cannot activate windows

Built a new PC, but cannot activate windows: I just built a new computer, and my old one had windows on it. I did not manage to get the product key because i thought it was the product ID which i now know are two separate things, and wiped my drives. My friend used a USB to put windows on this new computer, and it...
  9. Built a new PC and having activation problems

Built a new PC and having activation problems: I recently built a new pc and was feeling great. I had an old windows 10 install disc so installed windows using that. The product key for that disc had been previously used so the activate windows message appeared in the bottom right corner of my monitor. I continued using...
  10. Windows 10 activation on custom built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation on custom built pc: I got a new computer and bought a windows key, when installing windows it asked for the key and now it says its not activated, so I put the key in again and it says it was already used. Please help me activate windows....