Windows 10: Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition

Discus and support Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I want to setup facial rocognition but my builtin camera is not listed compatible. How can this be fixed? Laptop is an HP 14 CK-0xxx series.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pierre-OlivierPujol, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition

Hi,I want to setup facial rocognition but my builtin camera is not listed compatible.

How can this be fixed?

Laptop is an HP 14 CK-0xxx series.

Thank you

POP

:)

Pierre-OlivierPujol, Jun 6, 2020

2. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 6, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition

Windows 10 Hello facial recognition feature

Sounds like a driver issue with the camera: MS requires special IR (infrared) capabilities from cameras for Windows Hello facial recognition to work. You should visit the HP support pages, and make sure you've got the right driver installed for facial recognition.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition

1. Builtin camera not compatible with Hello facial recognition - Similar Threads - Builtin camera compatible

2. Windows 11 Hello facial recognition no compatible camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello facial recognition no compatible camera: I have an HP Omen laptop with Windows 11. When I try to activate Windows Hello facial recognition it tells me I don't have a compatible camera. The laptop has a HP Wide vision HD camera. Why is this not compatible?...
  3. Windows 11 Hello facial recognition no compatible camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello facial recognition no compatible camera: I have an HP Omen laptop with Windows 11. When I try to activate Windows Hello facial recognition it tells me I don't have a compatible camera. The laptop has a HP Wide vision HD camera. Why is this not compatible?...
  4. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  5. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  6. Facial recognition Windows Hello We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition Windows Hello We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Hello,My face recognition stopped working 2 months ago. I used all tools from this video to try to activate the camera for "Windows Hello"; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcxmrBWfmII tried to:- updated and reinstalled all camera drivers- updated Asus bios- made changes in...
  7. Facial recognition Windows Hello We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face

Facial recognition Windows Hello We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face: Hello,My face recognition stopped working 2 months ago. I used all tools from this video to try to activate the camera for "Windows Hello"; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcxmrBWfmII tried to:- updated and reinstalled all camera drivers- updated Asus bios- made changes in...
  8. Promlem: Facial recognition Windows Hello face - We could't find a camera compatible with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Promlem: Facial recognition Windows Hello face - We could't find a camera compatible with...: Hi!Want to turn ON Windows Hello face.I did not try it before on this PC.But i have a problem - it says This option is currently unavailableWe could't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello FacePC - HP Elitebook 850 G8 Windows 11 Pro...
  9. Promlem: Facial recognition Windows Hello face - We could't find a camera compatible with...

Promlem: Facial recognition Windows Hello face - We could't find a camera compatible with...: Hi!Want to turn ON Windows Hello face.I did not try it before on this PC.But i have a problem - it says This option is currently unavailableWe could't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello FacePC - HP Elitebook 850 G8 Windows 11 Pro...
  10. Windows Hello - camera incompatible with facial recognition setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - camera incompatible with facial recognition setup: How do you update the drivers on the Windows 10 camera app so Windows Hello can be set up correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera-incompatible-with-facial/3420f283-704d-48bf-bb53-891dfbbebc2f