Windows 10: Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...

Discus and support Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an ongoing issue with the built-in Windows webcam for the past few months. It works totally fine and dandy for a couple of days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anonymous[][][][], Feb 16, 2021.

1. Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...

I've been having an ongoing issue with the built-in Windows webcam for the past few months.

It works totally fine and dandy for a couple of days. However, every couple days it freaks out. In the camera app, it alternates between the below screens about 10 times:

Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,... 80dc4648-3317-470f-88e7-ad10ccbe807e?upload=true.png

Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,... 4ea994bf-e24f-4eff-8a1b-6170b75a261b?upload=true.png

And then the screen remains with the blank black screen for a couple days, then spontaneously begins working again. This affects all apps using the camera that I'm aware of: Camera, Zoom, MS Teams, etc etc. When I try to take a picture through the Camera app during a black-screen period, it brings up the following screen:

Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,... c9bca290-ff1e-4b8b-bdad-8bea7aa01589?upload=true.png

Also note that the past three weeks or so the camera has been working even less often than normal; it has several times only worked properly for about 15 minutes before going back to a black screen for several days.

I have tried the following:
    - Restarted computer
    - Confirmed privacy settings enable camera usage
    - Reset camera app through Settings
    - Used the "Get help" button when Camera's on first screen and tried all options available there
    - Installed latest Windows 10 updates
    - Disconnected from WiFi
    - Checked for camera driver updates
    - Disabled/enabled camera drivers
    - Uninstalled camera drivers and restarted computer to automatically re-install them

None of these worked. It appears to simply be a random pattern of switching between working and not working. I have not been able to identify any factors that could be influencing whether the camera works or not; once again, it seems to be a random process.

What in the world could be making this happen and how does one fix it?

:)

Anonymous[][][][], Feb 16, 2021

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

So my computer randomly just switches to a black screen, and the audio is much like that of a BSOD. Once I get back into windows it gives me a debug screen and it simply tells me it was a BSOD. People have been telling me it is a power supply issue, and I just wanted to get a few more oppinions before I spend a fair amount of money on something I really don't need.

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...

Windows will randomly black screen and not boot again

So, when i got my pc i put a fresh install of windows on it. It was working normally for a day or so until i tried dowbloading some programs and it randomly black screened. Even if i turned it off and back on it would sometimes boot to the point it shows
    the windows logo but it would black screen immediately after. Ive been working with it for a few weeks at this point and havent got it to work yet and im not sure what to do.

treythedon, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...

1. Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,... - Similar Threads - Builtin camera randomly

2. Random Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen: For the last week I have been getting random black screens which basically means I have to force power my system down. First of this was because I was running AMD software alongside the Windows UWP which was potentially causing issues. I have removed the AMD software as...
  3. randomly black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    randomly black screen: my laptop dell e6430 was black screen randomly after and the keyboard and mouse not working please someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-black-screen/c2ae1ad2-7b7f-41c2-ad7f-5b9f3d7b66d1
  4. Camera not working, showing Black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, showing Black screen: My webcam isn't working, earlier it used to work with red and green lines moving around, now it's just a black screen.The webcam shows the LED light on but there is just black screen, even on Google Meet, Zoom, Teams etc. The camera is not even clicking pictures, it shows an...
  5. Random black screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random black screen.: Sometimes when im playing a game a black screen pops up for 5 seconds, then dissapears, and all the windows refresh and the taskbar acts like when turning the pc on (icons appearing one by one). Some games also go completely white when it happens. Any fixes? submitted by...
  6. Random black screen whilst working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random black screen whilst working?: Hi, I'm at my absolute wits end with this laptop. It's an MSI GS60 with a 4th or 5th gen i7 processor. It's old, but I'm broke so I can't replace it. I started having random blue screens when I was working, which was an absolute nightmare. This was from WDF_VIOLATION which...
  7. BUILTIN Camera is not working properly,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BUILTIN Camera is not working properly,: Hello Sir, Builtin Camera in laptop is not workinig throughn MS team site, however I have done below guide Press Windows key + I, Privacy and Camera On Please guide, thanks. Rgds Hamid Ali...
  8. Windows will randomly black screen and not boot again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will randomly black screen and not boot again: So, when i got my pc i put a fresh install of windows on it. It was working normally for a day or so until i tried dowbloading some programs and it randomly black screened. Even if i turned it off and back on it would sometimes boot to the point it shows the windows logo but...
  9. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  10. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7