Windows 10: Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

Discus and support Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to batch or bulk delete tags added to files. Either all of the same tag in a lot of files, or all tags from a batch or group of files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leanna10, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Leanna10 Win User

Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

Is there a way to batch or bulk delete tags added to files. Either all of the same tag in a lot of files, or all tags from a batch or group of files. Or even to change/rename a tag in all files.

Anything really. I have a lot of photo files with tags no longer appropriate and need to get rid of them.

If this cannot be done in Win 10, is there an App, add-on or other program that I can obtain to do this.

Thank You

Leanna

:)

Leanna10, Mar 20, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Have you actually a. over written the <keep> text with your new text? b. Clicked the save button and got a confirmatory message such as
    'Saved tags in 4 files'?

Some screenshots would help if this still doesn't work for you.
    It does for me...Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files :)

Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 20, 2019
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files

1. Bulk/batch delete tags saved to files - Similar Threads - Bulk batch delete

2. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  3. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  4. bulk delete in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bulk delete in onedrive: How to remove the multiple duplicates of my photos from OneDrive? It seems to have copied or updated so many i cannot efficiently do it one at a time. The One Drive app has so few functions for tweaking....
  5. Delete similar files by batch file?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Delete similar files by batch file?: Hello everybody! I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to delete different folders, whose folder name starts with the same name (e.g. Test) but ends differently (i.e. test number, test digit, etc.). Is there any solution for this? Or do I have to list every single...
  6. Bulk delete file extensions

Bulk delete file extensions: I have a large number of additional, unnecessary file extensions that need to be removed. Tried regedit to no avail. any help would be appreciated. ta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bulk-delete-file-extensions/a7c5f7ab-5ea2-4652-8189-d72783c7809e"
  7. Bulk adding of tags to many files

Bulk adding of tags to many files: I have a folder with many photos that I would like to tag. Is there a way to bulk add tags to all of these photos rather than doing them one at a time? They would all have the same tag (Fall 2018, for instance)....
  8. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Batch Append Mp3 Tags: Does anyone know of any software, or hack, or any other way that will allow me to batch append mp3 metadata tags to about 1000 mp3 files. There are 1000 songs, different titles, different artists, different genres. Lets say all of these are pop songs but for whatever...
  9. Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

Renaming in batch pictures based to tags: Hello, my phone when takes pictures it doesn't name them according to the date, but it does with a progressive number. What I looking for is a freeware software that RENAME pictures according to the DATE, HOUR and SECONDS. I.E.: 20170617_204417.JPG Date, hour,...
  10. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to batch clear tags in files