Windows 10: Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

Discus and support Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name' in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JadeP07, Mar 12, 2023.

1. JadeP07 Win User

Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named "XYZ" for all chapters.When I transfer them across to my Garmin watch, the order gets scrambled, and I have worked out that I can fix the by renaming the TITLE to the same as the NAME, e.g. with chapter 01, 02, 03... in the TITLE name.This is very time consuming to individually name each chapter, especially when most books

:)

JadeP07, Mar 12, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Modification of file names in bulk

Here I've taken a random selection from the list in the first link for you.
    These programs are for you to try to see what best suits you personally and your objective.

A preview of what will happen is important- you can see this in the 1st & 3rd screenshots.

Here I'm removing '123' from the file names. (Not sure they've ended up in logical sequence in the post- sorry)

Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name' 235909d1559505930t-modification-file-names-bulk-snap-2019-06-02-21.03.30.png

Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name' 235910d1559505948t-modification-file-names-bulk-snap-2019-06-02-21.01.49.png

Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name' 235911d1559505970t-modification-file-names-bulk-snap-2019-06-02-21.03.56.png

dalchina, Mar 12, 2023
  3. red268 Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Mar 12, 2023
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

1. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name' - Similar Threads - Bulk change file

2. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse: I recently took a bunch of music off an old iPod. All of the correct information is in the files Track name, Artist, Album but all the file names are a random array of letters. Is there a way to change all the file names to the Title on each file quickly? I have over 40 GB of...
  5. Bulk File Name Change

Bulk File Name Change: Hi, I have nearly 4,000 image files that I need to rename. They all contain one type of unique ID number let's call it ID1 along with some other words, and I need to rename them to a different type of unique ID number let's call it ID2 without the other words. I have the...
  6. File name change

File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  7. Modification of file names in bulk

in Windows 10 Support
    Modification of file names in bulk: A time ago, so I do not recall why, many of my files' names were modified; say from .abc.jpg, or cde.docx to abc(2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).jpg, or cde (2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).docx. In the main picture files dominate. I want to rename the files by removing the (2018_06_04...
  8. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  9. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...