Windows 10: Bulk copy names of folders

Discus and support Bulk copy names of folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As above i have a folder with a few other inside it is there a way to bulk copy the names of those folders so i can added them to a text file or do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exiled Mystique, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Bulk copy names of folders

As above i have a folder with a few other inside it is there a way to bulk copy the names of those folders so i can added them to a text file or do i have to go one by one

:)

Exiled Mystique, Feb 12, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. ap1978 Win User
    ap1978, Feb 12, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Bulk copy names of folders

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Bulk copy names of folders

1. Bulk copy names of folders - Similar Threads - Bulk copy names

2. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  3. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  4. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names: Hello,Is there anyway I can change the date in the folder name at the top of this screenshot to be in the same the format as ones in the bottom of the screenshot without doing it all manually by hand thanks....
  6. Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names: Hello,Is there anyway I can change the date in the folder name at the top of this screenshot to be in the same the format as ones in the bottom of the screenshot without doing it all manually by hand thanks....
  7. Bulk File Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk File Name Change: Hi, I have nearly 4,000 image files that I need to rename. They all contain one type of unique ID number let's call it ID1 along with some other words, and I need to rename them to a different type of unique ID number let's call it ID2 without the other words. I have the...
  8. Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?: Ok, so I used a simple bat file to create folders based off files names. For example, in my Movies folder, I have Example.mp4 and an Example folder. Is there a way to use a different bat file to auto move example.mp4 into the Example folder? Also, not all my movies are mp4....
  9. Modification of file names in bulk

in Windows 10 Support
    Modification of file names in bulk: A time ago, so I do not recall why, many of my files' names were modified; say from .abc.jpg, or cde.docx to abc(2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).jpg, or cde (2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).docx. In the main picture files dominate. I want to rename the files by removing the (2018_06_04...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...