Windows 10: Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play

Discus and support Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran into an issue and discovered why I was unable to play my MP3 files. I kept looking online for solutions and they all led me to believe the files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by raidermp, Sep 1, 2019.

1. raidermp Win User

Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play

I ran into an issue and discovered why I was unable to play my MP3 files. I kept looking online for solutions and they all led me to believe the files were corrupt. But they all had a true file size. When the tools kept throwing errors that they couldn't read the file, it caused me to look at the permissions.

Apparently, during my multiple re-installs of the one 2018 spring updates when the update kept freezing at around 80-90%, these files on an external drive were unable to inherit permissions from the original account. I've found that if I go into the security tab and click "enable inheritance", the file is then readable and I can play it again. But when I have to do this to a thousand+ files, it is slow going. If I try to enable the permissions to the folder itself, it throws the error "failed to enumerate objects...". Are there any other methods?

Is there a way to enable them to multiple files all at once that doesn't involve using some syntax used on servers? A GUI would be nice, but if I have to use a line of something, I will.

Before it is asked, I am an administrator on the machine running Windows 10 Home and verified I am in the administrator group.

:)

raidermp, Sep 1, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    MP3 editing - raising volume

looking for a free/easy way to edit some MP3's and boost the volume, since there's some files i have that are far quieter than the rest of my collection.

Suggestions?

Mussels, Sep 1, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

groove music doesn't play mp3 files

When I double click a playlist file (.wpl) in File explorer, Groove music opens and starts playing the songs in the list (mp3 files). However, when I double click any mp3 file in File explorer, Groove music opens but it doesn't play the song.

Is this by design, or what?

geotso, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play - Similar Threads - Bulk file permissions

2. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  3. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  4. Security "Hangup" on Playing MP3 Files

Security "Hangup" on Playing MP3 Files: I cannot play an album of KNOWN GOOD MP3 files; Microsoft Security butts in and says that it blocked one or more of these known good files. What's going on AND how to fix the problem? The album is located on my NAS box addressable from any of my computers....
  5. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing an MP3 file with special characters: Every time I try to edit an mp3 file for the title using characters like "®" and also "ý" they either appear as a question mark in groove music or sometimes using old norse characters they just show up as regular alphabetical characters. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing an MP3 file with special characters: Every time I try to edit an mp3 file for the title using characters like "®" and also "ý" they either appear as a question mark in groove music or sometimes using old norse characters they just show up as regular alphabetical characters. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Editing an MP3 file with special characters

8. Unable to play a specific .mp3 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play a specific .mp3 file: Hello!I'm currently editing an animatic on the photos app and trying to use custom audio, however, this one specific song I'm trying to use will not play. I've tried using other .mp3 files and they work fine, I've tried repairing the photos app, and resetting my computer but...
  9. Unable to play a specific .mp3 file

Unable to play a specific .mp3 file: Hello!I'm currently editing an animatic on the photos app and trying to use custom audio, however, this one specific song I'm trying to use will not play. I've tried using other .mp3 files and they work fine, I've tried repairing the photos app, and resetting my computer but...
  10. Permission to open and edit files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to open and edit files: I am the only user of my home laptop. I log in as Administrator and want to open files I set up as User but am denied permission. How can I gain permission to view and edit them as Administrator?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Give bulk Permissions to MP3