Windows 10: Bulk Folder Renaming

Discus and support Bulk Folder Renaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example: From: C:\abcd\Folder C:\efgh\Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theblake1980, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Bulk Folder Renaming

Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example:

C:\abcd\Folder

C:\efgh\Folder

C:\ijkl\Folder

To:

C:\abcd\abcd

C:\efgh\efgh

C:\ijkl\ijkl

submitted by /u/theblake1980
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theblake1980, Oct 9, 2020

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Bulk Folder Renaming

Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Bulk Folder Renaming

1. Bulk Folder Renaming - Similar Threads - Bulk Folder Renaming

2. Bulk rename photos to date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk rename photos to date taken: I have found old discussions that offer this link gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Rename-picture-files-with-97738191 but that is redirected to TechNet gallery. Is there an updated script that works with Windows 11?...
  3. Bulk rename photos to date taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk rename photos to date taken: I have found old discussions that offer this link gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Rename-picture-files-with-97738191 but that is redirected to TechNet gallery. Is there an updated script that works with Windows 11?...
  4. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  5. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  6. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PowerToys - Bulk Rename

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerToys - Bulk Rename: Hello, I have a ton of video files I need to rename. I found out that there is a bulkRenamer in PowerToys, so I downloaded and installed it; however, I'm not certain if it would work in this current use-case. See the screenshot. Most of my videos are like this. (or some...
  8. Option for renaming a bulk of files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Option for renaming a bulk of files: Hello, can anyone hint me how to restore windows 7 function of one-click file renaming of duplicate files while copying on windows 10? The results seem to be buried. submitted by /u/JoeRig [link] [comments]...
  9. bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames)

in Windows 10 Support
    bulk file renaming (intention is to shorten filenames): basically l have over 50 files that lm unable to download to the location l wish to on my laptop (each file is about a gig), however their filenames are quite long which leads me to the 255 character limit. my intention was to originally use winscp to batch rename but lm not...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...