Windows 10: Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

Discus and support Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I called Microsoft twice trying to find out what department deals with the sale of Windows 10 OEM Licenses and got in touch with the live chat team and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RyanTaylor_001, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

I called Microsoft twice trying to find out what department deals with the sale of Windows 10 OEM Licenses and got in touch with the live chat team and got transferred twice and still have had no luck.
    Basically I'm looking to get a price and MOQ for Windows 10 OEM Licenses as I'm starting a business building and selling gaming computers and using retail license keys would make this non commercially viable.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction that would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Ryan Taylor

:)

RyanTaylor_001, Sep 14, 2020

2. OEM Licensing

Hi there,

We are system builders, deploying lots of devices that are running Windows 10.

Currently, we must obtain OEM licensing from a reseller, and require being sent a USB for each licence we require.

We would like access to the facility to:

• Purchase Windows licenses for resale in bulk at a discount
    • Deploy with OEM tools
    • Access the licences easily, without having to purchase through another reseller or require USB drives being sent out to us

I have spent a very long time searching through the Microsoft Partners website, as well as reading through forum posts.

I've come across 1 useful post reply from a Microsoft rep that links to all the requirements and certifications of becoming a licence reseller, however the post reply was from 2007, and all the links are broken.

Can anyone please advise:

• Certification requirements of becoming authorised to resell Microsoft licenses
    • What method of managing license keys/purchasing is available to these resellers.
    Thanks.

AVProjects, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Sep 14, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

1. Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License - Similar Threads - Bulk purchase OEM

2. How to bulk buy windows 10/11 license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to bulk buy windows 10/11 license?: Hello all - I was wondering if there was a better way to activate computers I sell than buying individual keys from resellers like amazon. Thanks,Nathaniel...
  3. How to bulk buy windows 10/11 license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bulk buy windows 10/11 license?: Hello all - I was wondering if there was a better way to activate computers I sell than buying individual keys from resellers like amazon. Thanks,Nathaniel...
  4. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?: We're a nonprofit that teaches English and other relevant skills. A donor has given us hundreds of nice laptops wiped and with new hard drives. Is there a way to get licensed copies of Windows 10 Home edition or Pro, for that matter? TechSoup cannot help....
  5. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?: We're a nonprofit that teaches English and other relevant skills. A donor has given us hundreds of nice laptops wiped and with new hard drives. Is there a way to get licensed copies of Windows 10 Home edition or Pro, for that matter? TechSoup cannot help....
  6. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 OEM License

Windows 10 OEM License: Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader. Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use...
  8. License Windows 10 OEM

License Windows 10 OEM: I understand that now the Windows 10 OEM license comes embedded in the BIOS. The institution in which I work asks me for a licensing document, how can I obtain it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-windows-10-oem/b66dbb96-0884-48ef-9b0a-ef3b7641ef9d
  9. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?

Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?: One of my colleague owns a business with about 8 computers. Can I purchase an OEM license instead of a retail license which cost almost triple the price? Currently those machines are running Linux and I would like to switch them to Windows....
  10. Windows 10 OEM license

Windows 10 OEM license: I bought a Laptop which came with windows 10 home installed in the hard drive (HDD) and I want to transfer this OS to an M.2 Solid state drive (SSD) in the same Laptop. As it's an OEM license and says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...