Windows 10: Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

Discus and support Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JSYeager, Aug 18, 2020.

1. JSYeager Win User

Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

I am renaming files in sequential order but it is making multiples. I will have 2 files named abc 1 and two named abc 2 and this will go on for many file names. I have tried setting a start number...still happens. I cannot find a solution.

:)

JSYeager, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Densetsu Win User

Bulk rename files in Windows, to sequentially generated new names

I need help bulk-renaming some file names. I have around
    300 directories. All files are Word .docx files, and need to remain Word files after renaming.

In each folder I have between 1 and 20 files (never more than 26). 
    I need to take them in some order (ideally alphabetic by their current name)
    and rename them to follow this pattern:

I cannot use external software, just the terminal.

Densetsu, Aug 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

Renaming group of files

Hi Richard,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing an issue with renaming the group of files because of a software conflict or damages within the files you are trying to rename. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Why are you using the Windows PowerShell instead of File Explorer to rename the files?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?

PowerShell is usually used by advanced users to troubleshoot problems with Windows. You can visit this
    link as a reference on how to use PowerShell to rename files in bulk.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples

1. Bulk renaming files in sequential order making multiples - Similar Threads - Bulk renaming files

2. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  3. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  4. How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file: Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I would like to create a bat file that will run in windows 10 that can duplicate one jpeg image file ( test.jpg. ) to a list of filenames ( one per line ) found in a text file ( test.txt ) This means if i had a list of 100 image...
  5. Bulk Folder Renaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bulk Folder Renaming: Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example: From: C:\abcd\Folder C:\efgh\Folder C:\ijkl\Folder To: C:\abcd\abcd C:\efgh\efgh C:\ijkl\ijkl submitted by /u/theblake1980 [link] [comments]...
  6. File transfer sequential order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer sequential order: I have many large running actions of file transfers, is it possible to switch these to complete sequentially? Rather than all of them completing at the same time which slows down each individual action....
  7. PowerToys - Bulk Rename

PowerToys - Bulk Rename: Hello, I have a ton of video files I need to rename. I found out that there is a bulkRenamer in PowerToys, so I downloaded and installed it; however, I'm not certain if it would work in this current use-case. See the screenshot. Most of my videos are like this. (or some...
  8. Option for renaming a bulk of files

Option for renaming a bulk of files: Hello, can anyone hint me how to restore windows 7 function of one-click file renaming of duplicate files while copying on windows 10? The results seem to be buried. submitted by /u/JoeRig [link] [comments]...
  9. Multiple sequential BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple sequential BSODs: Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something. Anyways, sometimes when I launch a game my computer bluescreens. It gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Then it doesn't reboot even...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...