Windows 10: Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font?

Discus and support Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am sure this has something to do with font files but I can't seem to fix the problem. Bullet Points within Microsoft Office applications are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gohan2091, Sep 21, 2015.

1. gohan2091 Win User

Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font?

I am sure this has something to do with font files but I can't seem to fix the problem. Bullet Points within Microsoft Office applications are not displaying correctly. I think the best way to show you this is with a screenshot:

Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font? [​IMG]

I have tried to restore default fonts settings in "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Fonts\Font settings" and I have also downloaded all the Windows 10 default fonts, right clicked, install and overwrite all files. Now I seem to have duplicate fonts with _0 and _1 at the end of some of the font names. I've also ran an sfc /scannow command but it didn't find any issue. Please can someone help?

:)

gohan2091, Sep 21, 2015
  2. yowiekong Win User

How to widen the view in Word Mobile and zoom out?

it displays far too little text for such a gigantic screen, and once you get down to three bullet points the phone displays text one alphabet per row. which is ridiculous. How do I improve this situation?

For a reference anybody with an iPhone and Dropbox (or even skydrive) can open a word document with bullet points and see how it is displayed intuitively and comprehensively.

yowiekong, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Unwanted faint bullet points appear on blank Word 2013 documents after opening a new document & prior to any text being added.

Unwanted faint bullet points appear on blank Word 2013 documents after opening a new document & prior to any text being added.

I discovered when posting a document on-line that bullet points seemed to be "ingrained" on my Word document that I didn't require nor request? When posted, the bullet points become more prominent.

This was not immediately apparent prior to posting & I have tried everything it seems within Home (Paragraph), Page Layout, Insert, etc to delete them!

Any ideas as I will very grateful?

Thanks.

Paul R.J.Rosser, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

This might get more responses when posted in the Software and Apps section.

Berton, Sep 21, 2015
  5. gohan2091 Win User
    Since I really believe this is a font issue which is related to Windows, I feel this would be the most appropriate section but if a mod thinks otherwise, please feel free to move this thread.

gohan2091, Sep 21, 2015
  6. gohan2091 Win User
    Anyone? If this is not the best forum, please can a mod move my thread?

gohan2091, Oct 1, 2015
  7. gohan2091 Win User
    One final plea for help!

gohan2091, Nov 10, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

Open Character Map and select Symbol next to Font. Does it display correctly?

9. YOU
    You Win User
    And can define a new bullet properly?

10. gohan2091 Win User
    The Symbol font was not installed according to my character map but I have all the default Windows fonts saved so I reinstalled it (it actually said the font was already installed and if I wanted to replace). My character map looks indentical to your screenshot but my bullet library is not correct.

EDIT: I can define a new bullet point (the small black circle type but can't find the other original ones, such as the sqaure bullet point I like to use) How do I restore the bulletpoints to default?

gohan2091, Nov 10, 2015
  11. YOU
    You Win User
    I'll send over a copy of the symbol font on my system. Can replace r existing symbol font with this one, please? (Tenforums will not allow me to upload it here, but I assure that Mega is a safe website)
    MEGA

Just copy it over to r C:\Windows\Fonts folder, replacing the font.

12. gohan2091 Win User
    It says when I paste your font into my font folder that the font already exists, do I want to replace? so I click yes and it says I need to have permission. I click retry but it keeps saying that access is denied. Any ideas?

gohan2091, Nov 10, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Do Alt codes work in Office?

• Alt + 7
    ◘ Alt + 8

Edwin, Nov 10, 2015
  14. YOU
    You Win User
    I've attempted to replace the font myself. The font just numbers, presumably because can't replace it while it is in use. Perhaps starting Windows with Advanced Options and opening command prompt then replacing the font in Command Prompt would work. (which I'll promptly post instructions on how to do)

15. YOU
    You Win User
    Okay, first download the symbol.ttf file that I linked to.
    Then, place it in C:\. Just C:\, not C:\windows or anything else. Just double-click C:\ and put it in there.
    Subsequently, click the Start button and Power.
    Next, hold Shift and click Restart.
    The computer will restart and will see a blue Advanced Options screen.
    Click Troubleshoot (move r mouse).
    Click Command Prompt.
    Choose a user.
    Type the password for the user. If it has no password, just leave it blank.
    In command prompt, type D: and press Enter.
    Now type dir and press Enter.
    Make sure that have folders "Users" and "Windows". If don't, type A: then B: then C: and so on, until typing dir shows the folders.
    Once have found the letter of the windows drive, type del *letter*\windows\fonts\symbol.ttf and press Enter.
    Now type copy *letter*:\symbol.ttf *letter*:\windows\fonts and press Enter.
    Close the Command Prompt window.
    Click Continue.

And the problem should be fixed.

If this sounds hard, I will be uploading a video soon. *Smile

Thema:

1. Bullet Points Don't Display Correctly (Corrupt Font? - Similar Threads - Bullet Points Don't

2. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  3. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  4. Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bengali fonts not displaying correctly: Bengali fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. This does not seem to be an app specific issue but a font issue. This is a universal problem in all applications regardless of region or language. In the attached example, Nirmala UI displays incorrectly and...
  5. Bengali fonts not displaying correctly

Bengali fonts not displaying correctly: Bengali fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. This does not seem to be an app specific issue but a font issue. This is a universal problem in all applications regardless of region or language. In the attached example, Nirmala UI displays incorrectly and...
  6. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  7. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  8. characters with accents don't display correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    characters with accents don't display correctly.: I just bought a new laptop and moved everything from my old laptop to my new laptop. Seemed to have worked fine. Except for one program. MS money. Yes, I know. This is an old program which is not supported anymore. But I'm still using it for my personal accounting. I use...
  9. Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to install new fonts on my Windows 10. The fonts gets installed and show up in the Office apps, but as I type, the font is not displaying correctly and is replaced by a generic font. The font file is a .TTF and it has been working for me on my other...
  10. Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly: Hi people, Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit through an ISO file created by the Media Creation Tool, I noticed a font display problem. The screenshot shows the problem in Microsoft Edge (circled in red). The problem occurs in Internet Explorer and a few apps with...