Windows 10: Bumping sound from tower

Discus and support Bumping sound from tower in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good evening to all. I have a desktop pc running windows 10. When the pc is working under load,eg installing a download or opening a program there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by menu, Nov 11, 2015.

1. menu Win User

Bumping sound from tower

Good evening to all.
    I have a desktop pc running windows 10.
    When the pc is working under load,eg installing a download or opening a program there is a slight bumping sound coming from inside the tower.*Confused
    My C drive is a SSD which holds the operating system etc,And all my documents / pictures and so on are on a second internal HDD ''Spinner''I believe that's what its called.
    Would this sound be something to do with the HDD ??.Or something else that may be causing such a sound.*Think
    Many Thanks.

:)

2. Microsoft Speech Recognition (Tellme) Not Working over Cell Data

I'm in BC where I believe Telus uses it's own towers and still have the problem. From the sounds of it the single common factor is Telus.

ЩΔЅΗΤΔΡ®, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Mark JH Win User
    Sound comes out of computer tower and speakers at the same time

Hello all,

I have recently installed Windows 10 on my computer and whenever I watch a video or listen to music, the sound comes out from both the computer tower and the speakers at the same time. I would like to get the sound to stop coming out of the tower. I tried
    activating and deactivating devices under "Audio inputs and outputs" and "sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager as well as under control panel --> change sound card settings ---> Playback/recording. None of this worked. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 7 / Devices & drivers)

Mark JH, Nov 11, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Bumping sound from tower

You can download a hard disk testing utility and test both disks to see if they have any problem. Seagate has Seatools, WD has WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, and there are others. All can test different manufacturer disks as well, but if a disk has a problem, the utility of its manufacturer can also attempt to fix some problems while it will not try to fix a different manufacturer's disk.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2015
  5. menu Win User
    Many thanks.*Cool
    Will have a look later on today.

6. menu Win User
    spapakons.
    Well I did the test with the links you gave,But when the test was in progress there was the rumbling sound coming from the tower.
    We shall see how things develop.
    Many Thanks for your assistance.

7. spapakons Win User
    Sometimes the disk makes sounds if it is not well installed on the tower. Make sure you have all the screws secured and that you have put screws on both sides, so it doesn't move and make any sounds when working. Also check the rest of your devices for loose screws, including the case covers and the PSU.

spapakons, Nov 13, 2015
  8. menu Win User

Bumping sound from tower

Thank You.
    Will check all screws later on today.
    Thanks. Very much appreciated

menu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bumping sound from tower

1. Bumping sound from tower - Similar Threads - Bumping sound tower

2. Problem with tower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with tower: Hello, I was plugging in my computer and the monitor was blinking different colors. Than I plugged my tower in and then I tried to turn it on and it blinked on and off the fan or anything won’t work, would that be the cmos battery? I am just asking because I have school work...
  3. Problem with tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with tower: Hello, I was plugging in my computer and the monitor was blinking different colors. Than I plugged my tower in and then I tried to turn it on and it blinked on and off the fan or anything won’t work, would that be the cmos battery? I am just asking because I have school work...
  4. Problem with tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  6. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  7. random freezing when loading into the tower and outside of the tower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random freezing when loading into the tower and outside of the tower: so randomly i keep on getting random freezes when im loading into the tower, even when im on a random destination specs here: https://pastebin.com/iy7Re6eQ...
  8. bumped pc, instantly bsod'd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bumped pc, instantly bsod'd: Windows 10 OS Build 18363.1256 hello all. i made a post a while back last year detailing how my pc got constant bsods. i updated my pc around December with new ram and a new cpu + motherboard - it hasnt blue screened since then. however, just today, while going to sit down,...
  9. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor: new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with audio cd will not sound, all troubleshooting processes didn't fix problem. HDMI cable from tower to monitor ok. Speakers present...
  10. Bumped off -

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bumped off -: One of our users in our five person account got bumped off Windows and cannot use Word or Excel. She's not a new user. Its says too may have signed in. How do we remedy this? I cannot figure out who/how someone bumped her off. I don't see an extra user in our account....