Windows 10: Bumping sound from tower

Discus and support Bumping sound from tower in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good evening to all. I have a desktop pc running windows 10. When the pc is working under load,eg installing a download or opening a program there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by menu, Nov 11, 2015.

1. menu Win User

Bumping sound from tower

Good evening to all.
    I have a desktop pc running windows 10.
    When the pc is working under load,eg installing a download or opening a program there is a slight bumping sound coming from inside the tower.*Confused
    My C drive is a SSD which holds the operating system etc,And all my documents / pictures and so on are on a second internal HDD ''Spinner''I believe that's what its called.
    Would this sound be something to do with the HDD ??.Or something else that may be causing such a sound.*Think
    Many Thanks.

:)

2. Microsoft Speech Recognition (Tellme) Not Working over Cell Data

I'm in BC where I believe Telus uses it's own towers and still have the problem. From the sounds of it the single common factor is Telus.

ЩΔЅΗΤΔΡ®, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Mark JH Win User
    Sound comes out of computer tower and speakers at the same time

Hello all,

I have recently installed Windows 10 on my computer and whenever I watch a video or listen to music, the sound comes out from both the computer tower and the speakers at the same time. I would like to get the sound to stop coming out of the tower. I tried
    activating and deactivating devices under "Audio inputs and outputs" and "sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager as well as under control panel --> change sound card settings ---> Playback/recording. None of this worked. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 7 / Devices & drivers)

Mark JH, Nov 11, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Bumping sound from tower

You can download a hard disk testing utility and test both disks to see if they have any problem. Seagate has Seatools, WD has WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, and there are others. All can test different manufacturer disks as well, but if a disk has a problem, the utility of its manufacturer can also attempt to fix some problems while it will not try to fix a different manufacturer's disk.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2015
  5. menu Win User
    Many thanks.*Cool
    Will have a look later on today.

6. menu Win User
    spapakons.
    Well I did the test with the links you gave,But when the test was in progress there was the rumbling sound coming from the tower.
    We shall see how things develop.
    Many Thanks for your assistance.

7. spapakons Win User
    Sometimes the disk makes sounds if it is not well installed on the tower. Make sure you have all the screws secured and that you have put screws on both sides, so it doesn't move and make any sounds when working. Also check the rest of your devices for loose screws, including the case covers and the PSU.

spapakons, Nov 13, 2015
  8. menu Win User

Bumping sound from tower

Thank You.
    Will check all screws later on today.
    Thanks. Very much appreciated

menu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bumping sound from tower

1. Bumping sound from tower - Similar Threads - Bumping sound tower

2. Windows 10 installations bumping Desktop shortcuts down, rather than adding from the end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installations bumping Desktop shortcuts down, rather than adding from the end: Not really sure how to explain this, or if it's established already, or what, but as a newbie to Win 10 I've found that most (but not all, oddly!) of the time, when I install games or programs, the Desktop shortcut icon for each will bump DOWN all the other icons I have in...
  3. Laptop and tower seem to be connected??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop and tower seem to be connected??: So I have a tower that I built years ago and it has been my daily user and just a few days ago I got a laptop. Signed in with the same Microsoft account because I don't know why you wouldn't and here's the issue. Every time my tower is hibernating because i don't like putting...
  4. Repeated Crashes on brand new tower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Crashes on brand new tower: I've been struggling with my new tower for months now. It was pre-built by the store. Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Motherboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro (MS-7A39) Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Windows: 10, x64 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400MHz. Unsure of make or model...
  5. Tower's and All-in-one computer's

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tower's and All-in-one computer's: can a all-in-one computer handle a gaming tower and will it have more capabilities for more better games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/towers-and-all-in-one-computers/0ea0279f-4e13-40f4-a724-e331f3832cb5"
  6. PC Tower will not power down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Tower will not power down?: Long story short, I added an ssd as boot drive, and a new hdd for storage, and did a clean install of windows onto the ssd using a windows 10 image from the website and a flash drive, but now my pc won't power down. When I shutdown, windows goes through the normal sequence,...
  7. new tower with virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    new tower with virtualization: I would like to know what the specs say so I can install either Virtual box or free VMware on a new tower. I see Intel VT-x, Virtualization technology, Intel V-Pro tech- what words should I look for so (I do not just build windows hyper-v but) actually can build Virtual box...
  8. New ASUS tower Gaming Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New ASUS tower Gaming Computer: It arrived today ! Whoopie! But I couldn't get more than a minute to sign in before it froze. If it didn't cost so much, it would serve well as a target. Any way I'm stuck in the blue screen... if the keyboard, mouse and all freeze before one gets to windows, how do I get...
  9. No sound from sound blaster

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from sound blaster: I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back to the old setup. 3759
  10. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly: My grandmother's Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop PC is not coming out of sleep mode correctly. It's either the monitor is going bad, or the tower and monitor aren't wanting to communicate with each other. Please help, ASAP! Thanks! *Smile 95365