Windows 10: Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these?

Discus and support Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iWizardB [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iWizardB, May 19, 2020.

1. Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these?

/u/iWizardB, May 19, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 19, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 19, 2020
  4. packzap Win User

Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these?

Optimize drive - does not show in list

After restart, same problem. The drive does not show in the list of drives to Optimize. Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these? :(

I do not have access to another Windows computer to connect the drive and isolate the problem.

packzap, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these?

1. Bunch of weird partitions showed up in "Optimize Drives" window. What are these? - Similar Threads - Bunch weird partitions

2. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  3. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  4. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  6. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  7. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Weird drive appeared in my optimize drives but not in my partition manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird drive appeared in my optimize drives but not in my partition manager: Hello, I just installed a new SSD, and so I opened my optimize drive app, to defrag my hard drives, but I noticed there was a drive labeled "\\?\Volume{141b765e-6a19-5ff6d9588-e2a5a29cae88}\", and it isn't showing up in my drive partition manager, I was wondering if there...
  9. Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up: [ATTACH] So I moved my OS from my HDD to a new SSD I bought and then these two partitions showed up and both have low storage but not much in them. G is my External HDD and E is my internal HDD. D and F are random. This is what is in D This is what is in F and the...
  10. Partition Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Optimization: I have 2 partitions 1 of which is for the OS. This one is stuck at 4% fragmented and when I try to optimize it analyzer's it but doesn't go any further. Is this normal and if not what can I do to get it to optimize?...