Windows 10: Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?

Discus and support Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When saving files to a disc, I was presented with the question: "How do you want to use this disk? Options were: - Like a USB flash drive - With a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Echo Point, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?

When saving files to a disc, I was presented with the question: "How do you want to use this disk?

Options were:
    - Like a USB flash drive

- With a CD/DVD player

Below was a link: Which one should I chose?

I clicked the link which connected me to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10which is a general Windows Help screen.

Am I foolish to expect that the link would lead me to the answer to a question that Windows 10 itself asked?

I wasted 15 minutes trying to search for an answer, with no luck.

Does Windows/Microsoft provide no support or service at all, even for their own questions?

:)

Echo Point, Mar 29, 2020

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Cd/dvd burner

Hi James,

Yes, Windows 10 is still capable of burning files into a CD/DVD. To burn files into a CD-RW or DVD-RW, follow these steps below:

• Open File Explorer > Click This PC > Right-click the name of the disk drive and select
      Eject.
    • Insert a black disc into the drive and close the drive > Double-click the drive icon to open the
      Burn a Disc windows.
    • Type a title for your disc > Select between Like a USB flash drive or
      With a CD/DVD player.
    If you select, Like a USB flash drive:

• Click Next in the Burn a Disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • After copying, you can eject the disc.
    If you select, With a CD/DVD player:

• Click Next in the Burn a disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • Right-click on the empty area, the select Burn to Disc.
    • Type the disc title in the Prepare the disc window > Select the
      recording speed > Next.
    • You'll get a You have successfully burned your files to the disc message >
      Finish.
    Get back to us and let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?

Move a saved folder to DVD disc

Hi Dwayne,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." Burning files to a disc in Windows is a method that allows end-users to have a replica of their important files. To assist you with
    your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps on how to save files to a disc or DVD. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Insert a blank DVD into the optical drive and close the drive.
    • Open File Explorer, then double-click the drive icon to open the
      Burn a Disc window.
    • Type a title for your disc, then select Like a USB flash drive or
      With a CD/DVD player, depending on how you want to use the disc.

Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc?  Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player? db892b13-1419-4b5a-a5d6-2fb9cb26101a.jpg

• If you select Like a USB flash drive, the files copy to the disc.

Note: You can save, edit and delete files on the disc many times, but the disc might not work in other computers and devices.
    • Click Next in the Burn a disc
      window.
    • Drag files to this folder to add them to the disc message displays.
    • When all files are copied, you can eject the disc.
    • If you select With a CD/DVD player, the files are burned to the disc.

Note: These files cannot be edited or removed from the disc, but the disc can be used on most computers
    • Click Next in the Burn a disc window. The disc formatting process begins.
    • Drag files to this folder to add them to the disc message displays.
    • Navigate to the files, select them, then drag them to the drive icon.
    • The files display in a Files Ready to Be Written to the disc window.
    • Right-click the empty area, then select Burn a disc.
    • In the Prepare the disc window, type the disc title, select the recording speed, then click
      Next.
    • When the burn process is complete, a You have successfully burned your files to the disc windows opens. Click
      Finish to close the window.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?

1. Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player? - Similar Threads - Burn Disc disc

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. How do you want to use this disc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you want to use this disc?: Clicking on "Which one should I choose?" leads to nothing on the Microsoft website. So, what should I choose from these options? Like a USB flash drive? or With a CD/DVD player?...
  5. disc drive wont burn or play dvd

disc drive wont burn or play dvd: disc drive wontplay or burn a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive-wont-burn-or-play-dvd/a79ad254-93e3-4f3b-a304-724997449e69
  6. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  7. Burning CD Disc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning CD Disc.: Why would my Burn List be in a different order when burned to the disc. This has only recently started to happen. I operate Windows 10 and use Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-disc/d16045fd-5d5e-4a0f-96d8-703774c362f3
  8. HOW DO YOU BURN DVD VIDEOS TO A DISC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU BURN DVD VIDEOS TO A DISC: HOW CAN I DUMP THIS TROUBLESOME WINDOWS 10 AND GO BACK TO wINDOWS 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-you-burn-dvd-videos-to-a-disc/d3351572-93d1-4ed9-b7b5-422933854019
  9. How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?

How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?: How do I burn a dvd-rw disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/burning/e319bda1-2d94-4205-85ec-2d709c97a02b
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Burn to disc: what option should I choose; like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD player? After erasing all music files on a CD-RW disc I was later prompted by Burn to Disc with two options. Burn to Disc How do you want to use this disc? 1st.