Windows 10: Burn CD error

Discus and support Burn CD error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have mp3's on my computer that I want to burn to cd's. When I try to burn some of the files media player says Error:Windows Media Player cannot burn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bha19, Feb 24, 2019.

1. bha19 Win User

Burn CD error

I have mp3's on my computer that I want to burn to cd's. When I try to burn some of the files media player says Error:Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files

If I click o.k. and then burn files again it works, so why am I getting this error sometimes and not when I try again?

:)

bha19, Feb 24, 2019

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Burn CD error

Audio CD Burning Error

Hi Ruby,

Incompatible drivers and software can cause the error message that you're getting when burning audio CD. Since you have tried to update the driver to its latest version, we suggest that you
    try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    • Try burning the audio CD once more and check if the error will appear again.

Should the issue remains the same, you can
    perform clean boot
    . Follow the steps under Windows 10 from the link provided to eliminate software conflicts.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help you further.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Burn CD error

1. Burn CD error - Similar Threads - Burn error

2. Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up: I’ve been trying to burn a CD on my computer for 2 days now and it keeps having the same issues so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve done it before about a year and a half ago with no issues, not sure if I accidentally changed some settings or what not but I’m just trying to...
  3. Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up: I’ve been trying to burn a CD on my computer for 2 days now and it keeps having the same issues so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve done it before about a year and a half ago with no issues, not sure if I accidentally changed some settings or what not but I’m just trying to...
  4. DVD burn: "The source and destination file names are the same", pop-up error and Win10 will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burn: "The source and destination file names are the same", pop-up error and Win10 will...: I am caught in a loop. whenever I try to burn images to a DVD I get "The source and destination file names are the same". there are NO files on the DVD, I have checked and rechecked yet I continue to get this message. I have tried ejecting and starting over; the disc shows as...
  5. DVD burn: "The source and destination file names are the same", pop-up error and Win10 will...

DVD burn: "The source and destination file names are the same", pop-up error and Win10 will...: I am caught in a loop. whenever I try to burn images to a DVD I get "The source and destination file names are the same". there are NO files on the DVD, I have checked and rechecked yet I continue to get this message. I have tried ejecting and starting over; the disc shows as...
  6. DVD burn: "The source and destination file names are the same", pop-up error and Win10 will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors: I am trying to burn 5 songs onto a disc just to test it to make sure it works before I try to burn everything I plan to on the planned disc. The problem is, I've tested 4 different blank discs. almost all of the songs will burn but each time a different one or has said and...
  8. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors: I am trying to burn 5 songs onto a disc just to test it to make sure it works before I try to burn everything I plan to on the planned disc. The problem is, I've tested 4 different blank discs. almost all of the songs will burn but each time a different one or has said and...
  9. I need help burning a disc. it keeps giving me errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?: I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages. “D:\ The directory name is invalid” and “Windows media player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. burn error on