Windows 10: Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player?

Discus and support Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, for my bachelor thesis I have to burn the attachments on a CD. Since I haven't used or burned CDs for a long time, I was a bit surprised when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fluuuffy, Sep 10, 2020.

1. fluuuffy Win User

Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player?

Hello,

for my bachelor thesis I have to burn the attachments on a CD. Since I haven't used or burned CDs for a long time, I was a bit surprised when I got a message under Windows 10 telling me which variant I want to use for the burning process.

You have the choice of using the CD like a USB stick, i.e. you can change the data afterwards, or you can burn the CD in such a way that the data can no longer be changed.

The CDs I want to burn should be for my proofreader and my college. What is the best option here? Which variant is more common (nowadays)? We only have the requirement to include a CD with the attachments, so I'm a bit unsure right now.

Many thanks in advance

:)

fluuuffy, Sep 10, 2020

2. wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player?

Burning on a CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you burn an audio CD, Windows Media Player makes temporary copies of the WMA and MP3 files in your burn list, converts the copies to another format (known as PCM), and then saves the converted copies to the disc. Here's
    how to burn an audio CD:

I suggest you to refer the article on Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player below,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Anupkarkal1709, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player?

1. Burn CD Windows 10 like a USB stick or with a CD/DVD player? - Similar Threads - Burn USB stick

2. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  3. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  4. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CD player will not burn music on to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  6. CD/DVD Burning

CD/DVD Burning: Why dont you have the burning software anymore? The apps in the store are horrible and not enough options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-burning/6e377ca9-f5eb-476f-be9e-c8bc0a7c327f
  7. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  8. Windows Media Player not burning to CD/DVD

Windows Media Player not burning to CD/DVD: Hello all I received a new Acer PC running Windows 10, 64 bit last Christmas. I am able to run Windows Media Player with no audio problems through my headset while playing music. My issue is when it comes to burning music onto a CD/DVD disk. I am part of a volunteer gig...
  9. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701
  10. Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10: I am not able to burn a Photo DVD in Windows 10. I had to save the photos on a portable drive and then save them to the desktop of my laptop which has Windows 7 Pro Anyone else have this problem? Better yet anyone have a soulutin. Dennis 17893