Windows 10: burn movies to DVD

Discus and support burn movies to DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jersey Devil, Feb 6, 2016.

1. burn movies to DVD

why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You

:)

Jersey Devil, Feb 6, 2016

2. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have a Video Movie Creation problem and a DVD burning problem

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in June. In the past on Windows 7 when I created a .wmv file, ie., created a "Movie" from old family video and then burned the "Movie" to a DVD, the DVD would play perfectly on any DVD/CD player connected to a TV.

In Windows 10, I have now found in creating a "Movie" .wmv from my old family videos in Windows Live Movie Maker - Windows 10 movie creation tool and DVD burning tools in Windows 10 do not allow for playback of my burned DVDs on my TV's DVD player. Is there
    a Microsoft media creation program and DVD burning program like the one in Windows 7 that I can download to my computer so the movies I create can playback on numerous DVD players? Please help as I am stuck midstream with my video movie creation!!

Thanks,

Maureen

MaureenW21, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Movie Maker

That is because DVD Maker which facilitates the burning of DVD movies is no longer bundled with Windows 10. You will have to save the movie in a desired format then burn it using a third party application. Learn more:

Movie Maker Burn DVD option not available on Windows 8

Andre Da Costa, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

burn movies to DVD

Windows 10 has removed a lot of the previous DVD support. There was a free DVD Player app, at least for awhile, but it was only a player. You may need to get a DVD editor program such as Roxio Creator.

Berton, Feb 6, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah but should not affect WMP or its ability to burn stuff to DVD - that is basic functionality.

cereberus, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Are you having problems making or burning the movie? If it's burning, I recommend ImgBurn to burn your movies to disk. Download a older version if you don't want the bundleware that comes with the newest version. ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 / 2.5.0.0 Adfree

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Here's a list of some DVD authoring programs. Some of them are free. I've only used one of the paid programs so I can't recommend any of the free ones. Authoring (DVD)

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

burn movies to DVD

Were you ever able to create a DVD movie disk under Windows 10? What software did you use in the past? What OS did it run under?

bobkn, Feb 6, 2016
  9. Windows 7 I upgraded when I was offered 10 for free Sorry I did I had no problem with windows movie maker in the past I can still make movies in 10 , but just can't burn them to DVD. It's frustrating trying to learn with Windows 10 since I am older and wasn't raised on a computer. Shoulda stuck with 7. Easy for you peeps to extend a helping hand when its second nature to you. But I do appreciate the help even if I don't know what the heck you's are talking about half the time*Tongue Thanks

Jersey Devil, Feb 12, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    Did you give ImgBurn a try?

Winuser, Feb 12, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto

f14tomcat, Feb 12, 2016
  12. going to there now Keep your fingers crossed :0)

13. burn movies to DVD

you know, on second thought I am afraid of opening a can of worms If I download ImgBurn I am afraid I will have issues with Windows Media Player and won't be able to access my music .Thanks for the help but this stuff is overwhelming.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Your choice, but I've been running ImgBurn and Media Player since Win 7, and do now, no issues. It's also very nice for burning ISO's.

f14tomcat, Feb 12, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    Great program! I don't think you'll need it but I'll keep my fingers crossed. *Smile

Winuser, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

burn movies to DVD

1. burn movies to DVD - Similar Threads - burn movies DVD

2. Burn a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burn a DVD?: I can't burn a DVD and I can't get any support from a real person. There is a robot helper that is completely useless. Spent hours clicking and still can not even send a message to Microsoft support. I found an option to wait for hours to chat with a person. I don't care...
  3. Burning a DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Burning a DVD: Is there any software or a way to burn a DVD using Windows10? My Dad passed away last month and I received a DVD of the Cellebration of Life service. I need to make copies to give to family members. Thanks...
  4. burning to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning to DVD: I have saved the files to a DVD, and they show as being there, but the "finish burning" option remains grey, and won't let me complete .. what am I doing wrong? It worked at Christmas, but not now...
  5. Burning DVD

Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  6. burning a dvd

burning a dvd: how to create a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-dvd/9eca03d9-63ea-4d73-bc7f-98192167f08c"
  7. DVD burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD burning: Hi all. My laptop doesn’t have a DVD drive, but my older PC does. Can any one recommend a program ( free is possible ) that will allow me to create a home dvd, using videos taken from my phone, design a menu, and having a silent video in the back ground playing. Then could...
  8. Burn Movie to DVD

Burn Movie to DVD: Matshita DVD drive will not burn a DVD. Power Calibration Failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-movie-to-dvd/ab0531a5-10a6-4ba6-8e0c-2063af386d49
  9. I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.

I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.: I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk. My computer oesn't recognize the disk and suggests I format it. When I tried I was told it will make my compter stop. I have Windows 10 fully updated...
  10. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...