Windows 10: burn windows or paste to flash drive

Discus and support burn windows or paste to flash drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, i downloaded windows ISO file, should i burn it on usb flash drive like on cd/dvd or just open ISO with WinRar and paste files into flash drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shakoc, Mar 27, 2020.

1. /u/shakoc Win User

burn windows or paste to flash drive

Hello, i downloaded windows ISO file, should i burn it on usb flash drive like on cd/dvd or just open ISO with WinRar and paste files into flash drive?

submitted by /u/shakoc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shakoc, Mar 27, 2020

2. Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 27, 2020
  3. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to Download Music CD's from External Hard Drive to a Flash Drive on a Lap Top with Windows 10

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, let me know where exactly the Music is saved on? Is it on the CD's or External Hard drive?

Step 1:

If it is on the CD's, you may have to copy it the computer first and then copy it the Flash Drive. I suggest you to refer the article to know how to copy music from CD's to computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/rip-burn

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Step 2:

After copying the music to the computer, to move it to the Flash Drive Follow these steps.

• Select the required songs and
      right-click
      on it.
    • Select copy.
    • Go to the Flash drive and right-click on Free Space.
    • Select Paste.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. burn windows or paste to flash drive - Similar Threads - burn paste flash

2. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive: How do you add a flash drive letter like E to the computer? That is all I want to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/e856be9f-3682-4081-8e09-94ea47fbb1dc
  3. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  4. Flash drive

Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  5. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  6. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  7. Flash drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash drives: I download movies and music videos. I copy and paste them into flash drives. All the downloads come from the same source. When I send to the flash drives only some copy. Some don't. What gets copied is an icon that has nothing in it. It does however have the amount of MBs...
  8. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  9. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?: I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the...
  10. flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash drive: Hi All, Im new to this site so hope you will bear with me.Im coming up to 75 years this month so please be gentle with me. My problem is trhat I cant see my flash drive G in explorer files. I dropped a clanger by trying to put it on desktop cos i thought it may be quicker....