Windows 10: burning an ISO DVD

Discus and support burning an ISO DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mccririck, May 29, 2015.

1. mccririck Win User

burning an ISO DVD

I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems?

:)

mccririck, May 29, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

How to make a bootable windows 10 recovery disc

I can only think to burn the ISO to DVD again. Perhaps this time download the ISO only and use this to burn to DVD.
    Free ISO Burner If you get the choice burn at a slower speed.

neilpzz, May 29, 2015
  3. mrdbeta Win User
    How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 using ISO File

Andre,

I downloaded the ISO enterprise evaluation and it does want to burn the iso image to a blank DVD Disc.

I mount the iso file and burn disc image and it does not want to burn at all.

It keeps giving me this.... all the time ...

I bought another DVD Drive .... still cannot burn the iso file!

burning an ISO DVD [​IMG]

mrdbeta, May 29, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

burning an ISO DVD

I have never had problems with an ISO burned with windows. Did your ISO load after burning?

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I always select 4X or the lowest speed available. Don't know if this is necessary any more but it's a habit and I get good, bootable DVDs all the time (almost).

Ztruker, May 29, 2015
  6. mccririck Win User
    Do you use imgburn or something else?

mccririck, May 29, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I use ImgBurn., though recently I've been using Rufus to create flash drives to install from. Faster to create and faster to install with.

Ztruker, May 30, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

burning an ISO DVD

It's not so much the burn speed it's the media. Quality disc are getting harder to find. Most of what you find in the big box stores aren't worth buying.

Winuser, May 30, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs Absolutely correct. They're going the route video cassettes went- cheap price-cheap quality. But it's the consumers fault, they want cheap(or only can afford like me), I've been using USB sticks lately more and more too, cheap ones for daily unimportant things(like downloaded program installers) and more expensive ones for programs, ISO, bootables.

Cliff S, May 30, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    The sad part is a lot of home videos and photos are going to be lost because of cheap media. I have used what I thought was good media to save down loaded programs and within a few years the disc were unreadable. Flash drives are definitely a better choice than cheap DVDs.

Winuser, May 30, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Why not burn the ISO as an IMAGE file to an external HDD -- much better than using USB sticks or DVD's. Now in Windows 7 mount the ISO with a FREE program like Alcohol 52%. For W8 and above you can mount the ISO image directly in Windows (or File) explorer.

Those small passport usb HDD's are perfectly good for this type of stuff and are better than cheap USB sticks. I only use a USB stick no if I want to create say a bootable Linux distro or a bootable stand alone restore program like acronis.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 31, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    @Jimbo for OS's I want to keep for long time storage(e.g-Win7 and Win8.1,) I make an USB thumb drive for use and a DVD kept in a temperate dark place. Funny thing is, I have never needed them for myself really. I make a virgin system image after install, and update the image 2 weeks after patch Tuesday or major software changes. My Win7 "install" is about five years old, but still good, because after experimenting, or really screwing things up, I just re-image.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

burning an ISO DVD

1. burning an ISO DVD - Similar Threads - burning ISO DVD

2. Unable to burn WinPE ISO to DVD+RW disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn WinPE ISO to DVD+RW disc: I got myself a DVD+RW disk a few days ago, so I decided to burn a WinPE ISO. But after burning, the disc just ejected itself out and when I inserted it again, there was nothing. I tried reburning the ISO file multiple times but it still have nothing in the disc. How do I...
  3. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  4. Burning DVD

Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  5. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  6. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9
  7. burn ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    burn ISO: If I am not mistaken I used Windows 10 alone to download and burn the ISO for a spare disc. Please correct me if wrong. If I want to burn an ISO to a flash drive with Windows 10, do I need 3rd party software? lastly I was burning DVD s to flash drive by copy and paste....
  8. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...
  9. Burning ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning ISO: Hiya...I got this error when trying to burn to DVD...can anybody tell me why this many have happened please? TIA [img] 55317
  10. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?: I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine. But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd. Will I need a win10 dvd? Should I do this...