Windows 10: Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Discus and support Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having trouble burning audio files onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive or from a USB device. The disc wants to format data as DVD instead of CD, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClarkHoltzman, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Having trouble burning audio files onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive or from a USB device. The disc wants to format data as DVD instead of CD, which limits the devices on which I can play back the audio. The files being transferred to the disc are all WAV files. I have used the Windows Media Player software and I have directly dragged files from internal to disc in the external disc player. Result is always the same. Last year I was able to do this successfully, but obviously am forgetting some key step in the process that produces audio files in DVD format. (I can play these on my computer, but not in my car's CD player, as it won't read the disc.)

:)

ClarkHoltzman, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Evabnino Win User

Cannot burn audio files to CD-R discs

I have been trying for the last 2 hours to put audio files on a HP brand CD-R disc. When the burning process reaches 99%, the disc ejects and Windows Media Player gives me an error. What am I doing wrong?

Evabnino, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Problem while burning DVD-R, DVD+R and CD-R, CD+R discs on Windows 10 computer

Old title: UDF File System Questions

My new Windows 10 computer Disc Drive will read all of my old DVD-R, DVD+R and CD-R, CD+R discs. When I try to burn a File to the same type of disc, I get a message that My Drive cannot read the discs. I must Format the DVD-R, DVD+R or CD-R, CD+R discs to
    the

UDF 2.1 File system to burn files to this media.

Will I need to Format all my discs to the UDF File System when I burn any files to disc? My discs are a few years old. Are newer discs already formatted to the UDF File system?

Will the discs burned using the UDF File system be readable in other computers using different Windows Operating Systems?

My last Computers ran the Vista operating system or Windows XP. On those systems, I was able to burn discs without having to Format them. My Windows 10 computer reads all these old discs with no problem.

Any information on these changes will be much appreciated.

Pete

PeterBadyrka, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

1. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc - Similar Threads - Burning audio files

2. Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc: I am unable to download MP3 files onto a rewriteable disc because it says the file is too large 14,000 to 15,000 KB even though I've done it before having been able to download several of those MP3 files onto one disc. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated....
  3. Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc: I am unable to download MP3 files onto a rewriteable disc because it says the file is too large 14,000 to 15,000 KB even though I've done it before having been able to download several of those MP3 files onto one disc. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated....
  4. Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Window's Media / Music / Burn onto NEW CD-R

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window's Media / Music / Burn onto NEW CD-R: I am using Window's 10 I am trying to Burn music for personal use from My Downloaded CD's onto a NEW Virbatim CD-R But The Computer is making any excuse why it cannot burn onto this CD-R I have cleaned a NEW Disc but it still says the CD is Dirty , I bought a new pack of...
  6. burning onto cd

burning onto cd: Been a while since I burned discs with windows media player so here I am trying to burn stuff onto an audio cd and I get a box saying that the cd drive is in use and come back later. Tried different discs and same response. What gives?? Never had trouble before. I can use...
  7. Burning a bd-r disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning a bd-r disc: I tried to burn photos to a bd-r disc with window10 but it would not recognize the disc.I then tried to burn a br-d disc using BurnAwareFree software but that didn't recognize the disc either.Do I need an external blue ray burner to do this or is there another way?...
  8. Burning CD Disc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning CD Disc.: Why would my Burn List be in a different order when burned to the disc. This has only recently started to happen. I operate Windows 10 and use Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-disc/d16045fd-5d5e-4a0f-96d8-703774c362f3
  9. I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc

I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc: I have recently purchased a 50 pack of blank 52x 700mb (80 min of music) CD-Rs made by HP. However, I am--for some reason--not able to burn any data or music to any of the CDs I have tried. I have tried burning music to 23 of the CDs so far (what I have been doing this whole...
  10. Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player: I'm trying to burn some music onto a CD but every time I go into Windows Media Player and select "Start burn" there's always an error message that pops up for a few different audio files that says it can't burn those files. When I tried to investigate the issue Windows was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to burn cd-r onto audio