Windows 10: Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

Discus and support Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have been trying to figure out this issue ever since windows 10 was released, at least that's when I noticed this issue happening. I have a PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NCPlaneX777, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

So I have been trying to figure out this issue ever since windows 10 was released, at least that's when I noticed this issue happening. I have a PC and am running the most up to date version of Itunes on this computer. I download music and will burn a CD-R of audio files from the computer I am using. When the disc is finished burning, I can put the disc in a stand alone CD player like a Sony home stereo player with a CD player attached with an AM/FM radio. The disc will not play and the screen say's "No Disc." I can take the same CD and put it in the CD player in my vehicle and it will pl

:)

NCPlaneX777, Jul 17, 2021

2. Audio CD burns but doesn't play

Thanks for the response. I had already checked what you suggested but to make sure, I went back and double-checked. Based on the link you sent, the media format I'm using is supported.

Audio CD. Burn music CDs in standard Red Book audio format. Audio CDs can be played in most computers and in home and car CD players that play CD-R and CD-RW discs. You can burn an audio CD from either Windows Media
    Audio (WMA), MP3, M4A, or WAV file formats.

I also ran the Windows Media Player troubleshooter and that reported no issues detected.

I have MP3 files that I'm using that I had burned before. These play fine in Windows Media Player and the burn process says success. When I view the files on the CD, I see all of the .CDA files. The problem is that when I go to play the CD, the sound
    is full of static and garbled - sometimes with long stretches of silence. This occurs when I try to play the CD through Media Player on the same machine I just burned it on or on any other device. So, even though Media Player (and the other software I used)
    says the CD burned successfully and I can see the CDA files, somewhere along the line it appears that the files get corrupted during the burn process.

Just to verify that the files weren't corrupted on the hard drive, I opened the MP3 in Media Player and it played fine. When I open the corresponding CDA track from the CD and try to play it, it doesn't play. I've even gone so far as to try to burn just
    one track in a different format (M4A from iTunes) and while it burns successfully, I have the same results when trying to play it - no sound or static.

As mentioned, I didn't have this issue with my Windows 7 machine using the same file formats, software and CD media. Those all burned fine and I'm able to play them on either another PC or in my car. This issue just started after purchasing a new machine
    with Windows 10 installed. After verifying that the hardware was functioning correctly, the only difference is the operating system.

CFisher_MI, Jul 17, 2021
  3. crionsynx Win User
    record or burn mp3 files to cd to play on any cd player

Hi jmWSX,

I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you. Let me help you with your concern.

You have to burn an Audio CD.

Here's how to burn an audio CD:

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. In the Player Library, select the Burn tab, select the Burn options button Options button, and then select Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.

3. Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner.

If your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive, select the drive you want to use.

4. Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.

5. When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15062/...

crionsynx, Jul 17, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

Burning Audio CD in Windows 10

That's what's supposed to happen when you burn an audio CD.

Read a commercially produced audio CD with your media player (e.g., Windows Media Player) and you'll see a list of .cda files, although there is actually no such thing as a .cda file. What you are seeing is an index of the music on the the CD. An audio
    CD is actually one continuous recording.

If you want to maintain the files as .wav or .mp3 you can burn a data CD. Keep in mind that a data CD won't play in an audio player.

BulldogXX, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

1. Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player - Similar Threads - Burning audio files

2. HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON CAR CD PLAYER,SONY BOOMBOX OR OLDER CD PLAYERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON CAR CD PLAYER,SONY BOOMBOX OR OLDER CD PLAYERS: HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON ANY CD PLAYER..CAR,PORTABLE AND HOME CD PLAYERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-cd-to-play-on-car-cd-playersony/e4bf213b-517d-4dd3-b4f5-f67505f82338
  3. HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON CAR CD PLAYER,SONY BOOMBOX OR OLDER CD PLAYERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON CAR CD PLAYER,SONY BOOMBOX OR OLDER CD PLAYERS: HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON ANY CD PLAYER..CAR,PORTABLE AND HOME CD PLAYERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-cd-to-play-on-car-cd-playersony/e4bf213b-517d-4dd3-b4f5-f67505f82338
  4. HOW DO I BURN A CD TO PLAY ON CAR CD PLAYER,SONY BOOMBOX OR OLDER CD PLAYERS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. make an audio cd that will play on cd players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make an audio cd that will play on cd players: How do Imake an audio cd that will play on a cd player? Got songs from computer to cd with no problem, but will not play on cd player, or in vehicle cd player....
  6. Burn a file to CD

Burn a file to CD: I can't burn a file to CD-R using external ODD & HDD device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-a-file-to-cd/3a1b1705-fe1e-4462-ae21-c5580e3a314d
  7. CD player will not burn music on to CD

CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  8. record or burn mp3 files to cd to play on any cd player

record or burn mp3 files to cd to play on any cd player: how to record mp3 files to cd to play on car cd player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-or-burn-mp3-files-to-cd-to-play-on-any-cd/84ea9faa-29ee-4cbb-968a-05b653d71128
  9. Burning a Disk to play on CD player

Burning a Disk to play on CD player: After an update earlier in the summer all my MP3 files wouldn't play anymore as somehow now the extension was wrong. I re downloaded them and they play now. However when I want to burn them to a disk I can only burn them so that they play on another computer and not so that...
  10. Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player: I'm trying to burn some music onto a CD but every time I go into Windows Media Player and select "Start burn" there's always an error message that pops up for a few different audio files that says it can't burn those files. When I tried to investigate the issue Windows was...