Windows 10: Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

Discus and support Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Win 10 pro. Version 1909. On Win 7, I used Roxio Creator 7 Premier. It allowed me to select, in detail, the format to use. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdberger, Jul 14, 2020.

1. mdberger Win User

Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

I am new to Win 10 pro. Version 1909. On Win 7, I used Roxio Creator 7 Premier. It allowed me to select, in detail, the format to use. This is important to me. At least as far as I can see, The default Win 10 pro disk writer does not allow this. If I am mistaken, I would happy to be so informed. Otherwise, what software would you recommend? If it is Roxio, is there any version you would recommend? The versions I see on the web, seem to supply much more that I need.

Thanks,
    Mike.

PS, If there is a better place to post this, please let me know.

:)

mdberger, Jul 14, 2020

2. wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Jul 14, 2020
  3. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

Win 10 fails to format cd-r

Hi Clarky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to format the CD/DVD to the right format to play the audio. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to burn the CD/DVD?
    • Are you using any third party software to burn it to audio media?
    • Are you getting any error messages/Codes?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

1. Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro - Similar Threads - Burning DVDs CDs

2. Formating cds or dvds not working on win 11 computer works on win 10 computer help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formating cds or dvds not working on win 11 computer works on win 10 computer help: Win 11 has no format choice on a right click. Disks format on a win 10 computer and then will run on the win 11 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-cds-or-dvds-not-working-on-win-11/00509bc2-bb72-4e9e-a8b3-1ba515abac3f
  3. Formating cds or dvds not working on win 11 computer works on win 10 computer help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formating cds or dvds not working on win 11 computer works on win 10 computer help: Win 11 has no format choice on a right click. Disks format on a win 10 computer and then will run on the win 11 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-cds-or-dvds-not-working-on-win-11/00509bc2-bb72-4e9e-a8b3-1ba515abac3f
  4. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  5. Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro: I am new to Win 10 pro. Version 1909. On Win 7, I used Roxio Creator 7 Premier. It allowed me to select, in detail, the format to use. This is important to me. At least as far as I can see, The default Win 10 pro disk writer does not allow this. If I am mistaken, I would...
  6. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  7. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Hi Everyone. I was having difficulty burning my own recorded mp3's last year. I updated the playlist and used a writable cd and it finally worked...the whole 13 tracks burned to disc with Windows media Player. Fast forward a year I am wanting to burn another 13 tracks...
  8. Burn Cds

Burn Cds: I want to burn a 33 page Windows file either as .docx or pdf file, but I am not all that familiar with Windows 10. Can someoneoffer a procedure for a rookie? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/c85388c2-855d-4257-94d2-517c98df147d
  9. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"
  10. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395