Windows 10: burning onto cd

Discus and support burning onto cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been a while since I burned discs with windows media player so here I am trying to burn stuff onto an audio cd and I get a box saying that the cd drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyZylstra, Mar 4, 2020.

1. burning onto cd

Been a while since I burned discs with windows media player so here I am trying to burn stuff onto an audio cd and I get a box saying that the cd drive is in use and come back later. Tried different discs and same response. What gives?? Never had trouble before.

I can use my Cyberlink Media suite Program which is brilliant but it only gives me 74 minutes space while windows media player gives me 80 minutes for a disc. How do I get WMP burning?

:)

AnthonyZylstra, Mar 4, 2020

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 4, 2020
  4. burning onto cd

Burning on a CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you burn an audio CD, Windows Media Player makes temporary copies of the WMA and MP3 files in your burn list, converts the copies to another format (known as PCM), and then saves the converted copies to the disc. Here's
    how to burn an audio CD:

I suggest you to refer the article on Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player below,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Anupkarkal1709, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

burning onto cd

1. burning onto cd - Similar Threads - burning onto

2. Burn jpg photos onto DVD, some I can view but some I can't, why is this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn jpg photos onto DVD, some I can view but some I can't, why is this.: Hi, there.I just burned some photos to a dvd, when I play it on my computer, the ones you can see the picture preview click on it and you see the picture fine.The ones with no picture preview, you try to open it and photo viewer say jpg file not support.All the photos are...
  3. Burn jpg photos onto DVD, some I can view but some I can't, why is this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burn jpg photos onto DVD, some I can view but some I can't, why is this.: Hi, there.I just burned some photos to a dvd, when I play it on my computer, the ones you can see the picture preview click on it and you see the picture fine.The ones with no picture preview, you try to open it and photo viewer say jpg file not support.All the photos are...
  4. Burn jpg photos onto DVD, some I can view but some I can't, why is this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 11, Cannot burn Windows Server 2022 onto dvd drive because of small size mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11, Cannot burn Windows Server 2022 onto dvd drive because of small size mismatch: There was a problem burning this discThis disk doesn't have enough free space for all the selected files.Space needed to burn: 4.69GBFree space on disk: 4.38 GBYou should remove files or insert a disk with more available space, and then try again.What is the easiest and...
  6. windows 11, Cannot burn Windows Server 2022 onto dvd drive because of small size mismatch

windows 11, Cannot burn Windows Server 2022 onto dvd drive because of small size mismatch: There was a problem burning this discThis disk doesn't have enough free space for all the selected files.Space needed to burn: 4.69GBFree space on disk: 4.38 GBYou should remove files or insert a disk with more available space, and then try again.What is the easiest and...
  7. Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW: My CD/DVD-RW drive is refusing to write it reads OK. Windows Media Player repeatedly says it can't burn the files, after starting and then giving up. The drive is brand-new, just replaced, but my first test after getting it installed resulted in no change. Is there some other...
  8. Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW

Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW: My CD/DVD-RW drive is refusing to write it reads OK. Windows Media Player repeatedly says it can't burn the files, after starting and then giving up. The drive is brand-new, just replaced, but my first test after getting it installed resulted in no change. Is there some other...
  9. Windows Media Player won't burn files onto a CD-RW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I am trying to burn some mp3s onto an empty CD. The burning process is fine until it tries...

I am trying to burn some mp3s onto an empty CD. The burning process is fine until it tries...: It's all smooth sailing until windows media player attempts to finalize the burning and states that "Windows Media Player could not complete burning because the disc is not compatible with your drive. Try inserting a different kind of recordable media or use a disc that...