Windows 10: Burning to CD

Discus and support Burning to CD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can transfer items from documents to the E drive, but when I get them there it won't burn them to the CD. I know the CD is good, I can read what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Burning to CD

I can transfer items from documents to the E drive, but when I get them there it won't burn them to the CD. I know the CD is good, I can read what's already on it. I know the disc isn't full, the amount on it is less than 50MB. But when I click on the burn to disc command, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

:)

Amadeus51, Nov 28, 2016

2. wont burn a dvd or cd

cant burn a dvd or cd windows media player wont do a cd nero wont burn a cd or dvd

ronniecairney, Nov 28, 2016
  3. can not burn cd's it will play down loaded 10 windows media player help

having one tuff time trying to burn cd's I have cd's that are cd-r player will burn one will not accept any more cd says insert cd

roberthill_975, Nov 28, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Burning to CD

What type of CD are you using? A CD-R is a one time burn media by default. Most burning programs finalize a CD-R disc after burning the session.
    CD-RW discs can be burned multiple times, If you do not Finalize a CD-RW disc, you can add files to it again later but the disc will not be read on any other CD player until it is Finalized. Once Finalized, you cannot add files to it. CD-RW discs can be "Formatted" and then re-used.
    If you plan on adding files to backup media over a stretch of time consider using a USB Flash Drive, which can add files to at any time and can be formatted (erased) and used again

spunk, Nov 28, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I do not recommend using RW discs. RW discs and packet writing method is the least reliable. I used to work the Dell forums and we would get many posts about problems with RW discs and packet writing losing format and/or data.

If its worth saving to a disc, use a CD-R and a regular burning program. The free CDBurnerXP will do the job.
    CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

fireberd, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    It is a RW disc. It caught me by surprise because I assumed if it would read it, it would also write on it. There seem to be a lot of programming missing on Win10 that was on Win7.

Amadeus51, Nov 29, 2016
  7. Amadeus51 Win User
    I wanted to save to disc because my home printer is not working. I want to take it to work and print there, but I have to have it on some form of media I can carry. I can't easily save to a flash drive either, because my computer only has two front ports, and both are full, with the Wi-Fi and wireless mouse.

Amadeus51, Nov 29, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

Burning to CD

Your desktop computer should have a lot more USB ports in the back. If you have run out of USB ports, get a USB Hub. If you have one document you want to print at work, Email it to yourself.
    If you want something that is easy to carry, there is nothing more simple and convenient then a USB Flash drive. If you must burn to disc, then burn once to a CD-R disc and throw it away afterwards.

spunk, Nov 29, 2016
  9. Amadeus51 Win User
    I did email it to myself at work. I have to wait for an opportunity to print it since I don't work on a computer. I have a flash drive, but none of the ports in the back fit. I tried plugging my external storage in there, but all the open ones are too big. My other alternative is to plug the wired mouse back in, it goes in the back, and use the open front port for the flash drive. Or get my printer working.

Amadeus51, Nov 29, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    Desktop USB ports should all be the same size? And all USB ports front and back should fit any USB Device.

spunk, Nov 29, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    Couldn't you just unplug the Wi-Fi adapter long enough to copy the file to the flash drive?

Winuser, Nov 29, 2016
  12. Amadeus51 Win User
    Wouldn't that disconnect me from the internet?

Amadeus51, Nov 29, 2016
  13. bobkn Win User

Burning to CD

You must have tried to plug into something other than the back USB ports.

All regular USB ports (1.0., 20., 3.0, 3.1) are the same size, except for USB C, which is much smaller.

If you could share the make/model of the PC with us (or the motherboard, if it's a home built or whitebox PC), we could give more detailed help.

I'd normally suggest plugging the mouse and WiFi adapter into rear USB ports, as you'd rarely need to access the ports for them.

bobkn, Nov 29, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Yes it would. It wouldn't take that long to copy your file to the flash drive. When done plug your Wi-Fi adapter back in. I also recommend getting a usb hub.

Winuser, Nov 29, 2016
  15. Amadeus51 Win User
    The computer is an HP Model 450-A114. It has two small and one large USB ports on the front. I see no small ones at all on the back. I sent the document I wanted to save to my work email and was able to print it there. I will take a flash drive or CD in later and save from there, the computers are still on Win7.

Amadeus51, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

Burning to CD

1. Burning to CD - Similar Threads - Burning

2. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  3. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  4. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  6. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  7. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  8. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  9. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

10. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019