Windows 10: Burning to CD

Discus and support Burning to CD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I really need to use a front port, I'll plug the wired mouse back in, it goes in the rear. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Burning to CD

If I really need to use a front port, I'll plug the wired mouse back in, it goes in the rear.

Amadeus51, Nov 30, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

USB ports are all the same size except for the new USB-C ports - and if the computer isn't new enough to have USB 3 ports, it sure isn't new enough to have a USB-C port.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  3. kipper Win User
    Amadeus you system is a slimline desktop and it has 1 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 slots on the back........the USB 3.0 is blue color and the USB 2.0 slots are next to your LAN cable plug in.....

For convenience sake you might plug your wireless and mouse into the back ports......

kipper, Nov 30, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Burning to CD

This is what you have:

HP Slimline 450-a114 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The "large USB slot" on the front is a memory card reader. The other two are ordinary USB 2.0 slots.

There are three USB slots in the rear I/O panel. One is USB 3.0 (blue), and the other two are USB 2.0 (probably black). I'm not sure why you didn't spot them.

Just for fun, I tried to burn a file to a CD-RW disk. (I haven't used one in years.) I got an error message. However, I right-clicked on the disk in Windows Explorer and was able to choose "erase this disk". After that, I was able to burn to the disk. There were two options: like a CD, and like a floppy (packet writing). The latter warned me that it'd format the RW disk, and that could take a long time. I chose the regular CD option, and it worked.

I'm not sure of the differences between Win7 and Win10 for burning rewriteable disks. At a recent former job I used the Win7 CD burning utility at times, but I wasn't permitted to use RW disks.

bobkn, Nov 30, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Here is a picture of the rear panel showing your 2 x USB 2.0 ports
    Burning to CD [​IMG]

spunk, Dec 1, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    It does not look like any of the ports on the back are small enough for the plugins I have for the mouse and Wi-Fi. They are either the large ones for multiple prongs or the single prong holes.

Amadeus51, Dec 1, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    Take a picture of the back of your computer without anything plugged into it and attach it in your next post.

spunk, Dec 1, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

Burning to CD

If you look at the picture spunk posted #2 and #3 are the usb ports on the back.

Winuser, Dec 1, 2016
  9. Amadeus51 Win User
    I do not own a camera and my phone can't be used to transfer pictures to a computer. I live at the low end of the food chain. I did just look and I see no USB ports as small as the two on the front. All of the ones in use are either the single jack holes or the large multiprong ones.

Amadeus51, Dec 2, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    Is the computer in the picture the correct one?

Winuser, Dec 2, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    Is this what the back of the PC looks like?

Burning to CD [​IMG]

I have drawn a red box around the USB ports.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Burning to CD

1. Burning to CD - Similar Threads - Burning

2. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  3. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  4. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  5. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  6. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

7. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  8. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  9. viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago

viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago: the question I have is how do I retrieve them in a format using an app that lets me scroll them and can still enjoy these photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-cds-that-have-been-transfer-to-them-using/4d9936ee-334a-4a71-a466-e453c6611784
  10. viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago: the question I have is how do I retrieve them in a format using an app that lets me scroll them and can still enjoy these photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-cds-that-have-been-transfer-to-them-using/4d9936ee-334a-4a71-a466-e453c6611784