Windows 10: Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10.

Discus and support Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the following message when trying to burn a playlist to blank CD. Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mar2017, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mar2017 Win User

Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10.

I get the following message when trying to burn a playlist to blank CD. Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver.

:)

Mar2017, Sep 8, 2018

2. Problem with burning disc on Windows 10 using Windows Media Player

Hello Tibbies,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Did you tried using another disc?

I guess the problem might be with the disc, which you're trying to use. Sometimes, the disc will still appears as empty even if there is some data on it or any damage to it. Suggest you to cross check the issue by using another disc or a new disc to see
    if the same thing happens. Also try to restart your PC once, post complete shutdown to see if it makes different in the situation.

Make use of below links for burning a disc using Windows Media Player.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

Burn and rip CDs

Note: Since the articles are designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, unlike launching steps for 'Windows Media Player', settings and steps to burn a disc with Windows Media Player are same for Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 8, 2018
  3. lizabell Win User
    Problem with burning disc on Windows 10 using Windows Media Player

Ive tried using several other discs as well as trying the shut down and restart. It still gives me the same response after 'pretending to burn the docs that the procees failed. Disk is not empty. Yet it is.

lizabell, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Dale-NA Win User

Windows 10, Media Player 12, Burning Audio CD "An Error Occurred" details states "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."

When burning an Audio CD using CD-R or CD-RW I am getting an error from windows media player 12.

"Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."

Software installed on system is

• Windows 10 build 1803 (x64)
    • Media Player 12.0.17134.81
    • Nero 2018 Platinum
    Using a LG model WH16NS40 drive and Magnavox 52x 700MB 80min disc. My C: drive is a Samsung 500 GB 850 SSD that contains my library of MP3 files. My paging file is managed by the system on a RAID 0 drive D: comprised of 3 Samsung 1 TB 850
    SSD drives. Intel i7 7820X CPU and 128 Gigs of RAM.

Steps to reproduce,

• Open Media player
    • Select enough MP3's in your library to fill the disc (I was using 700 MB discs)
    • Add them to a new bun list in Media Player
    • Insert a CD into drive. (tried both CD-R and CD-RW with same results)
    • From the "Burn" tab in Media Player I selected the "Start Burn" button
    • I immediately was given an error message:
      • "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."
    • Changed to optical drive letter (mine is drive EBurning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10. :) in media player. Status in media player stated "An Error Occurred"
    • Selected the red X next to file. It said the following:
      • "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."
    • Press the "Start burn" again and now different files from the same list are causing the error. Never gets to processing the files for the burn
    • Keep pressing "Start Burn" until it works and no errors are reported. No changes of the audio files just clicked the "Start Burn" button.
    Burn options in Media player are:

• General
      • Burn Speed - Slow
    • Audio CDs
      • Apply volume leveling across tracks - CHECKED
      • Burn CD without gaps - CHECKED
    • Data Discs
      • Add a list of all burned files to the disk in this format: - M3U
      • Use media information to arrange files in folders on the disc - CHECKED

I have a video of the this process to back up what I'm reporting

The problem is when I have a large selection of files I want to burn to multiple Audio discs, I have to "baby sit" the process and only process enough files to fill one disc (multiple discs won't retry just moves onto the next set of files). A burn of multiple
    discs is a nightmare using Windows Media player and is as pleasant as backing up a 1 TB drive to floppies.

I've seen other posts about un-installing media player (did that), defrag the hard drive (SSD try again), Clean the CD lens, CD's are old technology (really!!!, an excuse I seen on this forum from another user). Windows Media Player won't burn CDs

Please fix Media Player so it won't error out on files that are obviously not the problem. I've been using Media Player since version 10. I've tried others and they either focus on doing too much, poorly or don't have this ability to burn a playlist as
    easily at Media Player.

Dale-NA, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Burning disc Media

2. Windows Media Player not burning CDs .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player not burning CDs .: After burning it shows this peculiar info:"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."What flummox me...
  3. Windows Media Player only recognizes 1 in 10 discs and will not rip or burn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player only recognizes 1 in 10 discs and will not rip or burn: My windows media player barely will rip or burn. it will still play what is already in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-only-recognizes-1-in-10-discs/74526628-cb80-4621-9407-9d697271daf5
  4. Windows Media Player Disc Burning

Windows Media Player Disc Burning: I have a pair of DVD-RW players on my computer and would like to copy Audio CDs; when I am in the "burn" setting and try to drag files to create a burn list, it won't let me: I get a red circle with a slash through it. None of the instruction guides mention even the...
  5. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD

WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD: WHEN ATTEPTING TO BURN TO AUDIO CD I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device...
  6. Windows 10 Media Player Burn Format

Windows 10 Media Player Burn Format: How do I change Burn format so that CD will play in my car CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-burn-format/89bc1810-3443-4e95-a85a-a0da06fc59cc
  7. Windows Media Player Burning

Windows Media Player Burning: Can any one tell me why my Windows Media Player will not burn properly? I put in a new disc to burn, it runs thru about 25 %, then it rejects it saying the following message. ... Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  8. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...
  9. Windows Media Player/Disc Burning

Windows Media Player/Disc Burning: Hello everyone I have a Windows 10 PC that was purchased in August of 2018. When using Windows Media Player, I am only able to burn one CD and Windows Media Player stops recognizing blank media. I have to exit the application and re-launch in order for it to recognize any...
  10. Windows Media Player: Burning HDCD

Windows Media Player: Burning HDCD: Whom would I contact to begin persuading Microsoft to add the option to burn HDCD discs with Windows Media Player's Burn function? I would LOVE to be able to burn HDCDs, and Microsoft owns the rights to the format... Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player cannot burn the files. if the burner is busy wait for the current task to finish. if necessary verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver.

2. windows media player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc.

3. windows media player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc

4. windows encountered a problem burning to disc,
  5. windows media player busy when burning,
  6. burning MP3s Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc.,
  7. windows media player not burning disc,
  8. windows media player cannot burn the files. if the burner is busy,
  9. windows media player cannot burn if burner busy,
  10. windows 10 media player usb burner,
  11. message windows encountered a problem burning,
  12. Burning an MP3 USB using Windows Media Player,
  13. windows media player windows 10 burner busy,
  14. windows media player encountered a problem while burning the file,
  15. ray disc player