Windows 10: Burning to DVD

Discus and support Burning to DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saline, Oct 28, 2015.

1. saline Win User

Burning to DVD

I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be written. Nothing else happens. I've gone to the ribbon, as shown in the attachment and selected the Burn to Disc function, but nothing happens there either. How do I get this to write?

:)

saline, Oct 28, 2015

2. Cannot burnWLPG photos to disc. It simply gets sent to DVD player, but not to disc.

When trying to burn WLPG photos to DVD, I select photos, then hit "burn to CD/DVD"

and it simply goes to DVD station?? but does not burn to DVD.

melski1212, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Burning to DVD with Windows 10

What happens when you try burning to a DVD? What exactly are you trying to burn to DVD? If its files and folders, see:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/burn-files-dat...

If the built in DVD burning wizard is not working, you can use a third party utility such as ImgBurn.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 28, 2015
  4. MPSAN Win User

Burning to DVD

That is why I use CDBurnerXP Portable. Never mind the XP...he will not change the name...but it has been updated often and does support Win 10. It burns everything even ISO images!

MPSAN, Oct 29, 2015
  5. saline Win User
    I tried both the x86 and x64 versions from download.cnet.com. I couldn't find an English folder so I just ran the cdbexpp.exe file and got this message on both.

saline, Oct 29, 2015
  6. MPSAN Win User
    MPSAN, Oct 29, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    If you only want to burn ISO images on disk, you can use IMGBURN. For anything more advanced, I would use Nero. Some DVD-RW drives come with a free Nero version as bundle. You can also download the trial version from Nero's site and test it for 30 days before you buy. Also I remember older Windows versions didn't allow to use two or more DVD-RW drives for burning a disk via Explorer. You could assign only one for that. If you have more than one drive, then this could be your problem. Right-click on your drive and select Properties, then go at the Recording tab and make sure it is configured to record data. See picture below:

Burning to DVD [​IMG]

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Burning to DVD

jds63, Oct 29, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Oct 29, 2015
  10. MPSAN Win User
    Well, imgburn created PUPS so I found a way to remove them. However, cdburnerxp has none and the portable version does not even install. Also. OP was burning file(s) and not an ISO, but cdburnerxp will do it ALL. Everyone has their favorite.

MPSAN, Oct 29, 2015
  11. saline Win User
    saline, Oct 29, 2015
  12. MPSAN Win User
    Great, I hope it burned your file OK. It even asks if you want to add additional files if you put the disk in again and try to burn another file.

MPSAN, Oct 29, 2015
  13. fredc Win User

Burning to DVD

The overwhelming majority of those free burning programs contain pup's .

Gizmos freeware is an excellent site that tells you what programs have them because some programs are exceptionally sneaky at getting them on your system and don't show a pups notice before downloading.

Portable is definitely the way to go with these programs , Eset Online scanner with the (find unwanted programs) box checked under (advanced settings) finds even the sneakiest pups.

fredc, Oct 29, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    Golden rule when installing a free program: Always go for the custom installation. If you watch each step carefully before clicking next, you can avoid installing any PUPs. Click Decline or Skip or Not accept when you are offered any other utility when installing your free program. But to do that you must install in Custom mode. Standard mode will install everything without your consent.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
  15. fredc Win User
    The custom install mode is available on many free programs but not all , there are some programs that offer it and even though you uncheck everything there will still be a pup or pups installed but thats rare .

Freemake is an example of a program that will install numerous pups with "no option" to avoid them. Eset online scanner found a ton last time i used it.

fredc, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

Burning to DVD

1. Burning to DVD - Similar Threads - Burning DVD

2. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  3. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  4. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  5. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  6. I can't burn my DVD question

7. Help with DVD burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  8. Help with DVD burning

Help with DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  9. Help witth DVD burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help witth DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...
  10. Help witth DVD burning

Help witth DVD burning: Hi, I recently copied an 8MM reel to an SD Card can only copy directly onto an sd card, not usb or anything else and now I wish to transfer that from the SD card to a blank DVD-r, I have done this in the past no problems but now I am having issues with the DVD working on a...