Windows 10: burst frequency

Discus and support burst frequency in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenShankroff, Jun 20, 2020.

1. burst frequency

CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000

the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz

:)

BenShankroff, Jun 20, 2020

2. Who do I believe- CPU frequency monitoring software?

The obvious question, how did you overclock?

Different programs utilize different readings. Some utilize the minimum reported constant frequency. Some report the frequency dynamically, as speed stepping alters the frequency dynamically. Some report the maximum frequency measured.

As there are different values monitored, all are "correct." As far as which one to trust, Intel's program was designed to show the information most beneficial. As such, if you want to know maximum frequency it isn't a bad place to start. If you want accurate dynamic frequency readings I suggest Speedfan.

lilhasselhoffer, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Mattxx Win User
    processor frequency

I have two laptops running windows 10.

One selectable processor frequency under the power management options

The other does not, the selection is not listed.

The computer with the selection, was set to ZERO.

How do I determine the frequency to set it to?

Thanks

Mattxx, Jun 20, 2020
  4. burst frequency

Who do I believe- CPU frequency monitoring software?

to me there is like a 5-10% margin of error with monitoring software. thats why its best to overclock using the firmware (BIOS/UEFI)

eidairaman1, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

burst frequency

1. burst frequency - Similar Threads - burst frequency

2. Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute: randomly started having this issue a few hours ago. my wifi works ok, but my ethernet only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute. i've tried doing a network reset, resetting the adapters, changing firewall settings, changing power settings, and...
  3. Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute: randomly started having this issue a few hours ago. my wifi works ok, but my ethernet only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute. i've tried doing a network reset, resetting the adapters, changing firewall settings, changing power settings, and...
  4. Windows freezing for 3-6 second bursts on startup when opening applications and beeping.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing for 3-6 second bursts on startup when opening applications and beeping.: I've been having a problem for the past 1 months with my 2 year old gaming pc where on startup, if I open an application windows will start to freeze in 2-4 second bursts. If I open the Movies and TV app and play a video file, my computer will start to freeze in 3-6 second...
  5. Windows freezing for 3-6 second bursts on startup when opening applications and beeping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing for 3-6 second bursts on startup when opening applications and beeping.: I've been having a problem for the past 1 months with my 2 year old gaming pc where on startup, if I open an application windows will start to freeze in 2-4 second bursts. If I open the Movies and TV app and play a video file, my computer will start to freeze in 3-6 second...
  6. Windows freezing for 3-6 second bursts on startup when opening applications and beeping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.: Hello,what means "The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed."Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-entering-connected-standby-reason/3868560c-eb70-49e0-b9c9-eb7329c42aab
  8. The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.: Hello,what means "The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed."Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-entering-connected-standby-reason/3868560c-eb70-49e0-b9c9-eb7329c42aab
  9. burst frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6f904221-5dc9-4ecb-aa6b-25cc46060f93
  10. burst frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6c97cd43-07ce-4706-a77c-11cc1abda6b5