Windows 10: BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist"

Discus and support BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I have a PC where we want to download the Company Portal. When you press the "install" button the user get's promted to a login window. If the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Michael Sjödin_1, Feb 9, 2021.

1. BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist"

Hello

I have a PC where we want to download the Company Portal. When you press the "install" button the user get's promted to a login window. If the user closes the window the Company Portal will not download. The user do not get the popup askin if they want to download the app without being signed in. When the user tries to sign in with their business account they get a message saying that the account do not exist and we should try another account. The same thing happens if we open "Settings > Accounts > Access to work and school" and try to add the account there on the PC. If we try to use a private account we get promted with a password request.

The user has had this account for several years. We have tried to sign into office.com with and the user is logged into the outlook app with the buisness account on the PC.

Why is this not working with the business account for the user ? i know the problem will go away if we reinstall the PC but we cannot do that sadly.

:)

Michael Sjödin_1, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist" :(

Zakin, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist"

Separating personal and business accounts in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to create a new Microsoft Account For personal use follow the steps below and check if it helps. Another account which you’re using now you can use it for business i.e. (old Microsoft account)

• Go to the
      Microsoft account sign-up page
      and tap or click
      Create account.

• In the User name box enter your existing email address, or tap or click
      Get a new email address to create an Outlook or Hotmail address.

• Fill out the rest of the form, then tap or click
      Create account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist"

1. BUSINESS ACCOUNT: "That microsoft account does not exist" - Similar Threads - BUSINESS ACCOUNT microsoft

2. Microsoft Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Does Not Exist: I am a Mac guy, but 2 weeks ago I purchased a windows 11 laptop to use windows specific software. when initiating the computer it asked for my Microsoft log in, I logged in which I thought it may be. it did log me in. my computer worked fine for 2 weeks, now it says my...
  3. Microsoft Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Does Not Exist: I am a Mac guy, but 2 weeks ago I purchased a windows 11 laptop to use windows specific software. when initiating the computer it asked for my Microsoft log in, I logged in which I thought it may be. it did log me in. my computer worked fine for 2 weeks, now it says my...
  4. While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist: I have recently factory rest a device an have got to the point of Adding an account. While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist. How can I figure out to resolve this?...
  5. While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist

While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist: I have recently factory rest a device an have got to the point of Adding an account. While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist. How can I figure out to resolve this?...
  6. While putting an business email in it says that that Microsoft account does not exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Microsoft Account does not Exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account does not Exist.: Hi! I tried to sign into my Microsoft account yesterday but when I entered my email, it said the account did not exist. I am aware that your account is deleted after 365 days of inactivity which may have been the case, but when I tried to create an email under the same...
  8. Microsoft Account does not Exist.

Microsoft Account does not Exist.: Hi! I tried to sign into my Microsoft account yesterday but when I entered my email, it said the account did not exist. I am aware that your account is deleted after 365 days of inactivity which may have been the case, but when I tried to create an email under the same...
  9. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  10. Microsoft Account Does Not Exist

Microsoft Account Does Not Exist: Hello, For some reason, on my laptop, when I try to download an app from the app store, it keeps telling me that my account does not exist. I can log in to all the web pages and any xbox console with my credentials, even on my desktop computer. But for some reason, on my...